By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Witcher 3 Is Not Fun To Play (But The Quests Are Godly)

Iveyboi said:
The game is very intimidating, and won't be for most. It requires you to actually plan for these encounters, spend time reading through the menu's until it makes sense. The type of game that won't come together until about 10 hours, and then you'll have a great sense of accomplishment. I agree that the going from run to stop is annoying, but otherwise it is an amazing game in all aspects.
Sounds like you'd like Dragon Age: Inquisition more as it plays a little more casual.

(The opposite of all) this.

Around the Network

I feel the same way. Fisrt impressions of this game: Witcher 3 sucks. I really do hope it gets better, so far nothing but disappointment for me.

Clunky movements and horrible combat. Blocking and countering doesn't seem to work the way it did in the tutorial, AT ALL.

It already feels like a game I am gong to have to force myself to play through. First witcher game for me and it is guaranteed to be my last.

After my experience with Dragon Age Inquisition will be renting Witcher 3 before deciding to buy it or not.

Roronaa_chan said:
Iveyboi said:
The game is very intimidating, and won't be for most. It requires you to actually plan for these encounters, spend time reading through the menu's until it makes sense. The type of game that won't come together until about 10 hours, and then you'll have a great sense of accomplishment. I agree that the going from run to stop is annoying, but otherwise it is an amazing game in all aspects.
Sounds like you'd like Dragon Age: Inquisition more as it plays a little more casual.

Why are you so negative towards this game and PC gaming in general in so many posts?

Is it so unfathomable that someone might enjoy something you don't?

I had heard there were comparisons to monster hunter in the witcher 3: wild hunt. It doesn't seem like this is the case unfortunately, because I would've gone out and bought the game immediately.
It's too bad really, but this game has let a LOT of people down.

Hey, remember how I said before that games that go multi to exclusive xb or exclusive ps to multi tend to have some weird problem with them? Well, here we are with an exclusive marketing deal. Doesn't put my optimism up there for the new tomb raider.

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
Roronaa_chan said:

Why are you so negative towards this game and PC gaming in general in so many posts?

Is it so unfathomable that someone might enjoy something you don't?

Eh? I don't remember talking much about PC, different poster? And The witcher isn't "PC gaming" anyway, quite the opposite.

I don't get this game. I love rpg's but this game is not good. It's boring and difficult. Blocking and countering doesn't seem to work, health goes down really, really fast. The simplest ledge, maybe just a few feet high will take a lot off health if you jump down or fall.

I don't like this game at all so far.

cannonballZ said:
I don't get this game. I love rpg's but this game is not good. It's boring and difficult. Blocking and countering doesn't seem to work, health goes down really, really fast. The simplest ledge, maybe just a few feet high will take a lot off health if you jump down or fall.

I think that most people are used to modern RPG's, I know I was as well. But lately, there have been releases that are hard, like back in the day with Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale, where you have to think and plan.

For me; that's what RPG's should be about but I can perfectly well understand why most people would be put off by that. We're not used to challenges, most best-selling games are terribly easy today, and what counted as normal before would now be classified as hard mode.

I think it's entirely okay that people don't enjoy the same games, and you name examples as to why you don't, which is good. For the record; I think that this game simply requires a lot of practice and tactics, the controls aren't broken, the game is simply hard and demands a lot more from the player than most modern games do. I got to try it briefly on the PS4 last night and I felt that the controls were quite good, but the mechanics themselves are challenging, and for a reason.

My best gaming moment this year so far was when I started Pillars of Eternity and the first pack of wolves tore me to shreds in seconds; I finally found a great RPG with proper challenges in it.

cannonballZ said:

Yep, it's overated in the truest sense of the word. EVERYTHING feels so clumsy and mechanical. I haven't played for any longer than 30 minutes yet before I turn it off. Eventually I didn't like Skyrim either but at least it took me extended play times and 40 hours to find that out.

The PS5 Exists. 

Soriku said:
Chazore said:
I'm getting this weird vibe that some people believe every game with sword type combat has to somehow be akin to or exactly like a Souls game, I really hope that's not the case because that's kinda shitty tbh, it's not everyone's cuppa and neither will this game be.

Souls is the best of the best when it comes to seamless solo combat similar to Witcher, Zelda, and the like. The combat is challenging and responsive, flows well, and the camera is good for the most part. Bloodborne improves things even further with its speed and its dodging and healing mechanics. It also fixes some of the clunkiness in Dark Souls 2, though that was created by a different team. I don't know how you could consider Souls shitty if you like Witcher or Zelda combat unless you haven't played the series much, in which case you're not presenting a versed enough opinion.

I didn't call the souls games shitty though, i said it;s shitty to expect and force the opinion that all games should be like souls in terms of combat and probably more, it's already been pointed out the differences, especially both games coming from totally different regions and views.

"I don't know how you could consider Souls shitty if you like Witcher or Zelda combat unless you haven't played the series much, in which case you're not presenting a versed enough opinion.".

see I don't think I should have to play a series I'm not interested in to have a say, I'm not calling Souls or BB shitty but they are certainly not my cup of tea and because they aren't I don't consider them as good as you think, I find it unfair to think it;s ok to call BB/souls good by default (the praise trying to come off as objectively/subjectively biased/unbiased) while Witcher gets to be held under a microscope against a series that isn't the same as the other, like with the OP the gameplay mechanics just do not appear to be his cup of tea and so he thought he'd throw in BB to make it seem like the game was wrong and should have been more like BB which shouldn't be the case, you don't see me saying all souls games should be like Skyrim or Witcher.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"