By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Witcher 3 Is Not Fun To Play (But The Quests Are Godly)

The sword play mechanics in the Witcher franchise are difficult to master and not easy to get into. I mean, It's possible to land a few hits, but it requires a lot of practice for the player to achieve the rhythm needed to make the combat feel satisfying. The franchise became very popular yet it's still not for everyone I suppose.

.- -... -.-. -..

Around the Network
SubiyaCryolite said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Simply, no. I did not get The Witcher 3 because I thought it would play like Bloodborne, I bought The Witcher 3 because Bloodborne reminded me of how much I like RPGs. All I expected was good controls and ease of play. I never got that.

And everyone else enjoying the game? What did they get?

Ain't that kinda like asking the wrong person? lol!

GribbleGrunger said:

I just know that it's not going to be fun to walk, ride, run, gallop, fight and forage, so what is the point in continuing to explore? 

Then why diy you bother with the game in the first place, because thats pretty much the gameplay of WItcher game? Would you buy a shooting game if you didnt like aiming down the sights and shooting projectiles?

GribbleGrunger said:

All I expected was good controls and ease of play. I never got that.

yet other people are having good fun and are able to get the controls and getting through the gameplay with some ease (not like games are supposed to be easy anyway), I guess it's just not your cuppa.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Kane1389 said:
GribbleGrunger said:

I just know that it's not going to be fun to walk, ride, run, gallop, fight and forage, so what is the point in continuing to explore? 

Then why diy you bother with the game in the first place, because thats pretty much the gameplay of WItcher game? Would you buy a shooting game if you didnt like aiming down the sights and shooting projectiles?

People bought The Witcher 3 because they wanted something that wasn't fun to walk, ride, gallop, fight and forage? Well, good for them but I bought it because I thought it would be fun to walk, ride, gallop, fight and forage.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
Kane1389 said:
GribbleGrunger said:

People bought The Witcher 3 because they wanted something that wasn't fun to walk, ride, gallop, fight and forage? Well, good for them but I bought it because I thought it would be fun to walk, ride, gallop, fight and forage.

Your post implied that those activities at their own are not fun, not that they are not fun in just witcher 3.

If you meant it other way around, then i misinterperted your post, my bad

walsufnir said:
Dusk said:

Doesn't mean they were dialogue heavy. Big difference between dialogue driven and dialogue heavy. 

Surely but where is your demarcation line for "heavy"? Surely Xenogears was heavy. But what about Final Fantasy? The first 3 not so much but beginning with 4? Daggerfall? Is Daggerfall heavier than Skyrim?

Read my original post. I was speaking specifically to early RPG's, I actually mentioned early Ultima's and FF games, as that was the topic that started the conversation. I expanded by saying even some more recent RPG's don't have massive amounts of dialogue or stories. Some certainly have immense amounts like Xenoblade, or are extremely story driven, but that's not all of them. 

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

It appears that The Witcher 3 is a good, maybe even great, game for the right audience. Is just not the right game for me. Glad I didn't buy it.

It appears that The Witcher 3 is a good, maybe even great, game for the right audience. Is just not the right game for me. Glad I didn't buy it.

d21lewis said:

In short, The Witcher is definitely not made for people thinking that fun is the most important thing in a video game.