By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Witcher 3 - Out Now! Impressions?

Tagged games:

Opinion?

Excellent! 254 42.62%

Great! 71 11.91%

Good 32 5.37%

It's OK 32 5.37%

Eh... 13 2.18%

No thanks 20 3.36%

Get this thing out of here! 7 1.17%

See results 164 27.52%

Total:593
cannonballZ said:
There are so many stupid bugs in this game, it's starting to get really fucking annoying. Not only do I have to deal with this stupid game crashing at least 3x a day, now it's putting missions I've already completed successfully into the failed missions section. When you check the mission, which I am certain I completed successfully, it shows all green check marks.

F.U. CDPR. As much as I like this game, it's a broken mess. I don't know why they didn't just delay a bit more.

what platform are you playing on ? i havent had any bugs or crashes on pc so far in 24hrs i have played

Around the Network

All these bugs people are getting, what platform are you playing on? I can't understand it because the only bug (well it's more a fault in world design) was I fell down a hole in the bogs and it was too deep for Geralt to get out of so I had to restart from my last save. I thought I had an XP big but it appeared it was that I was too high levelled for the quests I was doing. I'm playing on PS4.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

StokedUp said:
All these bugs people are getting, what platform are you playing on? I can't understand it because the only bug (well it's more a fault in world design) was I fell down a hole in the bogs and it was too deep for Geralt to get out of so I had to restart from my last save. I thought I had an XP big but it appeared it was that I was too high levelled for the quests I was doing. I'm playing on PS4.

in this thread so far its been on ps4. 

cannonballZ said:
There are so many stupid bugs in this game, it's starting to get really fucking annoying. Not only do I have to deal with this stupid game crashing at least 3x a day, now it's putting missions I've already completed successfully into the failed missions section. When you check the mission, which I am certain I completed successfully, it shows all green check marks.

F.U. CDPR. As much as I like this game, it's a broken mess. I don't know why they didn't just delay a bit more.

What platform are you playing the game on?

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

lol

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network

I got a weird bug yesterday that while in water I could not dive under.

Saving, closing application, and then reloading fixed it, but it was weird. Only time it happened in 80+ hours of playing.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

cannonballZ said:

Perhaps you should go back and play scripted Call of Duty. You will not have any bugs in this "huge open world game".

SvennoJ said:

I lost a guy in a cage too, literally lost. I could not find the key anywhere, decided to return later. When I came back the cage was empty, still locked, still white on the mini map, no one there. That was at the Pontar crossing.

I had the opposite of protected npcs today. Dandelion's cabaret quest turned out to be rather long and convoluted. At one point I had to chase a muderer at the Vogelbud residence. So I run outside and all the guards start chasing me. Mistaken identity I'm sure, so I avoid them. Can't find the killer anywhere, exits are locked, can't use witcher sense since the presence of the hostile guards force you to have the sword out, which also prevents you from climbing and jumping. I go back inside to look for traces, a guard follows me however and again I can't use witcher sense. Now all the doors out of the house are locked as well. I knock the guard out of the way a few times with aard, yet can't do anything. In the end I give in and kill the guard, cut scene, indeed mistaken identity, the killer was supposed to escape for the rest of the story. Stupid, sorry about your innocent guard I was forced to kill.

I found something more aggravating than Ciri, horse races! Horrible AI, badly marked routes forcing you to 'drive' by minimap and immediate fail if you accidentally leave the path like a Gran Turismo driving test. I got dq twice during the final race over tons of criss crossing little paths. After completing it (had to reload) everyone starts fighting anyway (same as failure) yet I'm not allowed to help? Can't hit anyone, he just does his 'come on' gesture, while there is all out war around me. All for more useless money, over 20k now. (And effing Dandelion rather makes me kill a bunch of people instead of simply accepting a loan, and I'm not allowed to gift it of course)

I made it though the secondary Novigrad quests, the murder mystery was pretty interesting despite some of the gameplay bits. Now I still have a bunch of scavenger hunts and contracts left. At least they're out in the country, no more Novigrad. Waiting for 5 seconds or more everytime you want to talk to someone, or for the rest of their body to load, or the walls of the building you just entered, it's a mess since 1.04.

Yeah, those guards are expandables, I figured what was going on and started chopping heads right away - fuck it, game made me do it. ;)

Haha, that end of race - oh dear, eveyone is figthing and you're waving your fist at them - those restrictions and gameplay funneling are ridicilous at times for open-world game.

Off the top of my head, there is this RPG called Arx Fatalis, it's made by Arkane Studios, same guys who made Dark Messiah of Might and Magic and Dishonored - in it you can pretty much kill every last living being, whever you like (if you're skillful enough), and still finish the game. No restrictions, just smart game design. I wish more devs trying harder to make worlds like that.

Sorry to hear about the bugs - it's really smooth sailing on PC.

HoloDust said:

Yeah, those guards are expandables, I figured what was going on and started chopping heads right away - fuck it, game made me do it. ;)

Haha, that end of race - oh dear, eveyone is figthing and you're waving your fist at them - those restrictions and gameplay funneling are ridicilous at times for open-world game.

Off the top of my head, there is this RPG called Arx Fatalis, it's made by Arkane Studios, same guys who made Dark Messiah of Might and Magic and Dishonored - in it you can pretty much kill every last living being, whever you like (if you're skillful enough), and still finish the game. No restrictions, just smart game design. I wish more devs trying harder to make worlds like that.

Sorry to hear about the bugs - it's really smooth sailing on PC.

I loved the might and magic games. I played 4, 5 and 6. That was a true completionist dream, kill every living thing in the game and they never come back :) Damn you could get so powerful in the end you could take out an entire zone with one spell. Too bad they went with Aliens and silly blasters at the end. The Herous spin off was pretty great turn based strategy as well. I never played Dark Messiah though, WoW still owned my life back then.

At least it's not crashing, it has that over Fallout NV. Yet in hindsight New Vegas ran pretty damn well compared to W3.

SvennoJ said:
HoloDust said:

I loved the might and magic games. I played 4, 5 and 6. That was a true completionist dream, kill every living thing in the game and they never come back :) Damn you could get so powerful in the end you could take out an entire zone with one spell. Too bad they went with Aliens and silly blasters at the end. The Herous spin off was pretty great turn based strategy as well. I never played Dark Messiah though, WoW still owned my life back then.

At least it's not crashing, it has that over Fallout NV. Yet in hindsight New Vegas ran pretty damn well compared to W3.

Ha, another M&M fan, didn't know that - I still find M&M 6/7 one of the best party based RPGs ever made - I didn't mind those alien stuff, well at least not much...you know how it was back then, it was common trope started by Ultima, if I'm not mistaken. I played X-Legacy a while ago, it was decent, but nowhere near as those old games - I'm intensly hating UBI for buying IP and doing nothing with it for years, and then investing so little in it.

But then again, party based, turn-based combat cRPGs are not so hot anymore, so we have to look for smaller studios to scratch that itch - that inXile's Bard's Tale KS is looking exactly like something that could do just that - wasn't so big of a fan of BT back in Amiga days, but this looks very promising.

As of DMoMM, it's first person...whatever we call melee/spell combat games...with RPG elements. Unlike M&M, it's quite linear and you have only one character, but I remember really enjoying it. Just checked, it's currently dirt cheap on Steam.