By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are you a Nintendo Fan? (poll)

Are you a Nintendo fan?

Yes- I like almost all t... 246 37.79%

YES!! I don't only want ... 203 31.18%

I enjoy some Nintendo games but im not a fan. 60 9.22%

No - I prefer Xbox or Playstation 53 8.14%

I dislike Nintendo and wa... 18 2.76%

I hate Nintendo and want them to go bankrupt 16 2.46%

I dont care, i enjoy all ... 55 8.45%

Total:651
thatguymarco said:
bigtakilla said:

Not from a handheld perspective. 

I clearly said "in the home console department". :P Let Ninity retain their Handheld crown for what it lasts, while they make console games in normal hardware.

True, but they are still big in the handheld department, also their games (even on console) are still VERY well recieved. The attach rate on the Wii U for first party titles is insane.

Around the Network

I only like pokemon

I hate Nintendo and want them to go bankrupt 11 2.18%

Damn that's cold. What did Nintendo do to you lol

Yup, Nintendo is reason I still love consoles, after PS2 I moved to PC gaming, but thanks to Nintendo last few years I am again more console gamer and less PC gamer.

Yes, and because of that I expect them to do better than what they've done this gen.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

I'd play on anything, but I'm primarily a Nintendo guy yes.

Ever since (well, almost ever since) I started gaming at a young age the Nintendo console has been my primary console almost consistently. They just seem to be the most reliable in the quality of the games they bring and also, they seem to be the one that ticks my personal preferences of what a game should be the most.

The credit mostly goes to the Zelda franchise, which not incidentally is easily my favorite gaming-franchise ever, which seems tailor made for my liking with almost every game. There are plenty other classics of course, like some of the 3D Mario games which ensure there's one company at the center of my gaming life.

It's not that they can't disappoint me however. They can, sometimes in a pretty big way. Or it's also not like I like every game they make. I don't like the Kirby franchise for example, and was lukewarm towards the Gamecube. A state of mind that's likely also going to be at the end of the WiiU's life if things don't change.

IAmCrimsonLegion said:

I have a love/hate relationship with Nintendo. I love their first party games, I love how charming they are, and I love how they take me back to a more imaginative and innocent time. Their console hardware and controllers, however, just deter me from really investing in 'em like I want to. I don't care for motion controls or the gamepad at all. Their relationships with third parties also costs me more money, since I have to buy a Playstation in order to play the third-party games I want to play. As a consumer, if I can have a powerful Nintendo console with all their great first-party games and all the third-party games that a Playstation console receives, as well as being able to use a normal controller for such rudimentary things like updating and going to settings (seriously, Ninty?), I would need no other console. That Nintendo console would provide me with all my gaming needs. As it stands, I love their games but simply deal with their console hardware.

Sums it up nicely.  Well said.

thatguymarco said:
mountaindewslave said:

you are aware that if Nintendo went third party there would likely end up being a Monopoly by Sony/Playstation on the hardware business right? that's not a good idea, it will limit the gaming industry, not help it flourish. and why would Nintendo go third party when they still dominate the handheld market and were #1 in the main console market last generation? makes no sense

I dunno, I'm mostly speaking through a consumer stand point right here, having to go through an extra paywall just to play game that could've been done in other machines doesn't sound appealing in the slightest.

Well, the PS3 has no paywall and is probably still getting more multiplayer-titles than the Wii U in 2014 and 2015 ;)

I'm a Nintendo handheld fan. We're a different breed.

You won't see me praise WiiU, but you bet your ass ill talk up the 3DS at Vitas expense ;)

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Einsam_Delphin said:
Zoombael said:
Never was a fan of their games. Spectrum is too linear. But i loved my SNES and Gameboy.

Bolded: Contradiction

Underlined: False

Have a nice day!

Your cluelessness is mindboggling.

I owned some 40 games for my SNES.

Desert/Jungle Strike, Plok, Metal Marines, Mechwarrior, SkyBlazer, Super Double Dragon, Final Fight 2, Top Gear 2, Street Fighter II Turbo, Secret of Mana, Terranigma, Lufia & and the Fortress of Doom, Super Metroid, Super Bomberman, Spindizzy Worlds, Super Probotector (aka Contra III), Cybernator, Super R-Type, Populous, Mortal Kombat, Super Star Wars I-III, Batman Returns, Shadowrun, Zelda: A Link to the Past, Axelay, Super Swiv, Blackthorne, Rock 'n Roll Racing, Theme Park, Utopia, Micro Machines, Star Fox, Equinox, Syndicate, Doom, Zombies Ate My Neighbors

And more. Can't remember all of them. How many of those were made by Nintendo? Furthermore, after SNES and GameBoy, i haven't owned any Nintendo consoles, stationary and mobile. On GameBoy i had only one Nintendo game. Super Mario Land (not counting Tretris). Never was a fan of jump 'n run. Back than the Gameboy was the shit. Every kid loved it, wether playing games created by Nintendo or games made by other companies.

Hunting Season is done...