By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Take-Two Reports - GTAV 52m - Evolve 2.5m (sold-in)

zumnupy10 said:
Mike_L said:

I really enjoyed Vice City and San Andreas but imo GTA V is quite soulless and makes GTA IV's story and characters seem interesting in comparison.

Despite GTA V's huge commercial success I really hope that R* improves 3 things (among other smaller) in GTA VI.

1: Story: I want to want to 100% the game like i did in Vice City and San Andreas but GTA V's story was just "The Race to 100 million dollarz" and I stopped playing as soon as I finished the final heist.
2: Characters: Being able to choose between characters is perfectly fine but I don't want to be forced to control different protagonists. I think they're capable of making the characters far more interesting as well. I didn't sympathize with any of them.
3: Difficulty: I don't want it to be Grand Theft Auto-pilot, no but seriously, I can't remember dying a single time completing the campaign. Give me some memorable moments and "WASTED" like the series is known for.

I agree with all you said, but the bolded part is the most important thing here.  Rockstar needs to follow the same route they took with RDR in this regard.  

Kill one of every animal in the world, tame the rare horse breedS or even the hunt challenges were so cool.  

RDR is a masterpiece and I can't believe how much of a drawback GTA V is to that game (imo).

Around the Network
zumnupy10 said:
Mike_L said:

I really enjoyed Vice City and San Andreas but imo GTA V is quite soulless and makes GTA IV's story and characters seem interesting in comparison.

Despite GTA V's huge commercial success I really hope that R* improves 3 things (among other smaller) in GTA VI.

1: Story: I want to want to 100% the game like i did in Vice City and San Andreas but GTA V's story was just "The Race to 100 million dollarz" and I stopped playing as soon as I finished the final heist.
2: Characters: Being able to choose between characters is perfectly fine but I don't want to be forced to control different protagonists. I think they're capable of making the characters far more interesting as well. I didn't sympathize with any of them.
3: Difficulty: I don't want it to be Grand Theft Auto-pilot, no but seriously, I can't remember dying a single time completing the campaign. Give me some memorable moments and "WASTED" like the series is known for.

I agree with all you said, but the bolded part is the most important thing here.  Rockstar needs to follow the same route they took with RDR in this regard.  

Kill one of every animal in the world, tame the rare horse breedS or even the hunt challenges were so cool.  

Oh and don't forget the random events like bandits, people that needed help (pretty sure GTA V has some but nowhere as many as RDR) along with nice easter egg moments like bigfoot in Undead Nightmare and possibly an expansion like undead Nightmare.

Did I forget to mention that I really loved Undead Nightmare?, that shit was the bees knees.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
zumnupy10 said:
Mike_L said:

Oh and don't forget the random events like bandits, people that needed help (pretty sure GTA V has some but nowhere as many as RDR) along with nice easter egg moments like bigfoot in Undead Nightmare and possibly an expansion like undead Nightmare.

Did I forget to mention that I really loved Undead Nightmare?, that shit was the bees knees.

The best DLC ever made for any game.   Had so much fun with it.

One thing I loved in RDR were those games of  throwing horseshoes.

Highest selling game of all time?

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

zumnupy10 said:

The best DLC ever made for any game.   Had so much fun with it.

One thing I loved in RDR were those games of  throwing horseshoes.

You know looking back on it, it feels like it was a long time ago (5 years in gaming years feels like an eternity ago lol) but I felt like UDN got the whole old school zombie theme right compared to what we're used to seeing with modern day settings like DI, DR, DL and Killing Floor blending together, UDN felt quite special with the unique undead (not talking like L4D unique), horses to collect that had their own pros/cons, weapons to deal with the undead that were fun in their own right and sometimes silly parts in the game where most zombie games these days stay away from most of the time.

I know people are getting tired of the whole zombie genre but I've been a fan of it, I don't need them in my life lol but they can be fun from time to time and I think R* should probably take a full stab at the genre and see how much they could make, the expansion they made 5 years ago sold really well and is probably my most fondest zombie slayer to date despite enjoying the current ones.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
chapset said:
Highest selling game of all time?

Yes, I believe it is. Excluding bundled (Wii Sports and Tetris) and mobile games (the cheaper Minecraft: Pocket Edition).

Where not bundled only 29.5% of Wii owners bought Wii Sports (3.77 mill out of 12.77 Wii owners). Therefore it's safe to say that the game wouldn't be at 82.43 mill sold without being packed-in with the system in every country but Japan and South Korea. Nintendo themselves knew that the majority of purchasers wouldn't buy Wii Sports if it didn't come with the console.

Without the cheaper Pocket Edition (30 mill sold) Minecraft has "only" sold about 39 mill (19.5 mill on PC/Mac and about the same on PS3, PS4, Vita, 360 and XB1 combined).