By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Graphical progress on Wii U so far

Goodnightmoon said:
curl-6 said:

I own the game, and while I agree the screen I used doesn't show it at its best, it is actually very hard to find raw gameplay screens that do. Most are either compressed and muddy, or super-clean bullshots.

These were the only other decent captures I could find:

Those are actually pretty good. Way better than the pic on the OP, imo.

And yes I know you have it, I downloaded the demo because of you, is a very nice game, I will buy it sooner or later.

In that case, I'm glad to be of service, haha. Glad you enjoy it.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

The photo you posted doesn´t make justice to the game, it makes it look more simple than already is, I´ve played the demo and this is actually very similar but with more antialiasing.

I own the game, and while I agree the screen I used doesn't show it at its best, it is actually very hard to find raw gameplay screens that do. Most are either compressed and muddy, or super-clean bullshots.

These were the only other decent captures I could find:

Yeah, it's actually a super pretty game. Surprisingly so. 

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

Goodnightmoon said:

More like 40 - 60, but I get your point, anyways, it feels way better than 30fps.

40 - 60 would be the standard range, but it dips in the 30's frequently enough during some of the big battles that i think referring to it as a 30 to 60 variable is accurate.

Zekkyou said:
Goodnightmoon said:

More like 40 - 60, but I get your point, anyways, it feels way better than 30fps.

40 - 60 would be the standard range, but it dips in the 30's frequently enough during some of the big battles that i think referring to it as a 30 to 60 variable is accurate.

Checking Digital Foundry's fps tests, Bayo 2 not only looks better than the Wonderful 101, but performs better too, so that's another area where Platinum improved with more experience with the hardware.

Zekkyou said:
Goodnightmoon said:

It´s not so accurate since we consider Bloodborne to be a 30fps game (e.g.), when the reality is that the game falls into 25 frequently enough in not so big battles, but I don´t  hear (or read) anybody saying that Bloodborne is a 25 - 30 fps variable game, it stays at 30 most of the time and is considered a 30fps game. Tecnically Bayo 2 stays above 45 most of the time.

Around the Network
Zekkyou said:
Goodnightmoon said:

The dips are almost unnoticeable, to say the least. However, there are moments when the game certainly feels a bit "heavy", due to the unstable frame rate. Doesn't ruin much of the experience though. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Goodnightmoon said:
Zekkyou said:

It´s not so accurate since we consider Bloodborne to be a 30fps game (e.g.), when the reality is that the game falls into 25 frequently enough in not so big battles, but I don´t  hear (or read) anybody saying that Bloodborne is a 25 - 30 fps variable game, it stays at 30 most of the time and is considered a 30fps game. Tecnically Bayo 2 stays above 45 most of the time.

You might, but i don't. I consider Bloodborne a moderately unstable 30fps title with frame-pacing issues, and a 20 - 30fps variable during MP.

As a standard, yes, B2 is a 40 - 60fps variable as that's where it spends most of its time (off-time included). However, as a title that's defined by its huge set pieces, referring to the full variable is more representative of the game (especially when people tend to post pics of those high-resources sections). I'd probably refer to it as 40 - 60fps in a gameplay discussion, but in the context of graphics those sub-40fps section are very relevant.

Zekkyou said:
Goodnightmoon said:

You might, but i don't. I consider Bloodborne a moderately unstable 30fps title with frame-pacing issues, and a 20 - 30fps variable during MP.

As a standard, yes, B2 is a 40 - 60fps variable as that's where it spends most of its time (off-time included). However, as a title that's defined by its huge set pieces, referring to the full variable is more representative of the game (especially when people tend to post pics of those high-resources sections). I'd probably refer to it as 40 - 60fps in a gameplay discussion, but in the context of graphics those sub-40fps section are very relevant.

Fair enough

Metallox said:
Zekkyou said:

The dips are almost unnoticeable, to say the least. However, there are moments when the game certainly feels a bit "heavy", due to the unstable frame rate. Doesn't ruin much of the experience though. 

If this were a gameplay discussion thread i'd probably simply refer to it as a 40 - 60fps variable, or at least something that tends to feel like that. In the context of graphics though, those sub-40fps sections are worth considering (especially since they're the ones people usually post pics of).

Zekkyou said:
Goodnightmoon said:
Zekkyou said:

I wasn't a huge fan of the game, but I didn't notice any frame issues with the game when I played it through. I generaly notice when a game dips below 30, beyond that I don't really care cause it's stable. Although, games do feel more fluid when they are right near the 60fps. 

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.