By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So Why the Big Drop Off for PS4 in America NPD?

Better Xbox1 deals maybe? Haven't they been offering 4 free games with the Xbox 1 for about the same price Sony has been offering the PS4 with 2 games?

Around the Network

We're the Xbox One actual sales or shipped? People been saying that they only release shipped numbers. Honestly I don't know what the NPD is lol

Preston Scott

DaveTheMinion13 said:
We're the Xbox One actual sales or shipped? People been saying that they only release shipped numbers. Honestly I don't know what the NPD is lol

NPD = sales

DaveTheMinion13 said:

The NPD is market research company who compiles data on product sales. Every month they put out numbers for consoles sales in the US so the numbers discussed here are all sold to consumer numbers.

Signature goes here!

I remember one article that criticized Sony for winning first 2014 NPD. They said, PS4 won but earned a little more cash than Xbox One. After that Xbox One has been burning cash of Xbox 360 to make a stance. Titanfall deal and free game giveaway to recent AC Bundle. It seems when it came to make money PS4 did it right.
It still amazing a system like PS4 hasnt got any price cut yet. Its making decent amount of money. But I suppose next few months will say when to cut the price.
NPD is a great PR battle. Its important. But I think PS4 will win next NPD. Kudos for Xbox One for giving a fight. Competition brings the best in this industry.

Around the Network

Why did the PS4 suddenly drop out of the top 100 when the batman bundles released? Let's add this up.

PS4 had lead almost every week this year on Amazon

PS4 Batman bundles released and PS4 disappears out of top 100 because of multiple pre-order sku.

PS4 is leading again on Amazon with 2 bundles before Xbox One after Batman SKU sold out.

PS4 Sold 300,000 NPD (most recent months) Sold 170,000 in April.

What does this equal? Lower than expected numbers in April and May and major increase in June sales.

BTW current amazon hourly chart. PS4 #18 & #32. Xbox One #32 & #39.

No exclusive games (good ones, don't come at me with shitty the order pls). Besides bloodborne PS4 only has announced for this year no man's sky (which isn't even exclusive) and Tearaway which is already on Vita.

They delayed uncharted 4 and R&C to 2016, they better show something big at E3 for later this year...

daredevil.shark said:
BTW current amazon hourly chart. PS4 #18 & #32. Xbox One #32 & #39.

That's a lot interesting.

Actually i predict XBO > PS4 in May NPD. but if the king of the king amazon will say at the end of the month "PS4 > XBO" (all SKUs combinet), i chance my prediction in PS4 > XBO.

Seriusly, i will NEVER doubt what amazon say by now.

Thank you Ryng and Trusk, that's exactly what I need to know. :)

Preston Scott