By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The 90's Arcade Racer Is Back

RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:

I'm pretty pissed off at Shin'en to be honest. The game was supposed to be out in 2014, and we still haven't seen any gameplay footage. How hard can it be to at least throw us some screencaps to tide us over. The game's approaching 3 freaking years in production for crying out loud.

They've been doing other stuff (like Nano Assault Neo for PS3 and/or PS4), that's why it's taking so long.

True, (and Art of Balance Wii U and Jett Rocket II) but still, throwing us a bone would go a long way instead of just saying "we'll show it soon" for the last year and a half.

Around the Network

Im pretty sure there going to show something during e3 for FRN, some people think were getting a new F-Zero, some people think that its going to become an F-Zero which i doubt that.
They have been doing a lot of F-Zero stuff lately, all the games on VC and the MK8 stuff, could be a surprise they have been keeping under wraps, if we are getting a Star Fox then why not F-Zero and i know they have said in past they dont know what they could do with it, but the series is well over a decade overdue, a guy can dream lol

curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

It looks like E3 showing.

“Development is going very smooth. FAST Racing Neo is the biggest, and most beautiful game we ever did, and we’re taking the time to make sure that it’s also the best one. This Summer, people will have seen the game in motion.”

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/04/18/fast-racing-neo-will-be-showcased-in-the-summer/

I'm pretty pissed off at Shin'en to be honest. The game was supposed to be out in 2014, and we still haven't seen any gameplay footage. How hard can it be to at least throw us some screencaps to tide us over. The game's approaching 3 freaking years in production for crying out loud.

Well, like they said, "FAST Racing Neo is the biggest, and most beautiful game we ever did, and we’re taking the time to make sure that it’s also the best one", also don't forget that are small team with (5 man most). Very likely it will be on E3.

I expect to be one of the best looking games on Wii U, because Nano Assault was launch title is still great looking game and they really well know and understand Wii U architecture.

MegaDrive08 said:

Im pretty sure there going to show something during e3 for FRN, some people think were getting a new F-Zero, some people think that its going to become an F-Zero which i doubt that.
They have been doing a lot of F-Zero stuff lately, all the games on VC and the MK8 stuff, could be a surprise they have been keeping under wraps, if we are getting a Star Fox then why not F-Zero and i know they have said in past they dont know what they could do with it, but the series is well over a decade overdue, a guy can dream lol

Who knows, maybe Nintendo is helping them to make bigger game that will be instead F-Zero for Wii U, if that isn't a case I think there are some chances for F-Zero at E3, but chances for new Metroid are much better.

Miyamotoo said:

Well, like they said, "FAST Racing Neo is the biggest, and most beautiful game we ever did, and we’re taking the time to make sure that it’s also the best one", also don't forget that are small team with (5 man most). Very likely it will be on E3.

I expect to be one of the best looking games on Wii U, because Nano Assault is still great looking game and was launch title.

Absolutely agreed on the bolded, Shin'en have produced some of the best looking games for every Nintendo system since the GBA, and their Wii U remake of Art of Balance is already one of the best looking Wii U games in my opinion.

But really, how hard can it be for them to just snap some screencaps and share them with us, if the game is as far along as they claim? They said new media was "under preparation" in early March, and we still haven't seen squat. They keep teasing and not delivering.

Is this a kickstarter game?

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

I expect to be one of the best looking games on Wii U, because Nano Assault is still great looking game and was launch title.

Absolutely agreed on the bolded, Shin'en have produced some of the best looking games for every Nintendo system since the GBA, and their Wii U remake of Art of Balance is already one of the best looking Wii U games in my opinion.

But really, how hard can it be for them to just snap some screencaps and share them with us, if the game is as far along as they claim? They said new media was "under preparation" in early March, and we still haven't seen squat. They keep teasing and not delivering.

We already had some screenshots, now they probably want to deliver us full trailer at E3.

think-man said:
Is this a kickstarter game?

Yes.

Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

We already had some screenshots, now they probably want to deliver us full trailer at E3.

3 screens, that didn't even show vehicles or gameplay, in nearly two years. That's not enough.

curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

3 screens, that didn't even show vehicles or gameplay, in nearly two years. That's not enough.

Wait then E3 for more. ;)

Lol how did a thread about The 90's Arcade Racer turn into a thread about Fast Racing Neo??? Lol