By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - April 2015 NPD Thread! XBO #1: 187k, PS4: 174k, 3DS: 116k, Wii U: 42k

Mummelmann said:
Good job MS, I think the One has a shot at more NPD wins this year besides holidays. They're going to go all-out to capture this market.

I don't know, once ps4 gets a pricecut it my leve xbox in the dust. Remember, ps4 has been selling more at a higher price. If halo5 doesn't push them a hard nothing will. That's their biggest exclusive. They can try all they want but it's note guaranteed they will take it back. 

Around the Network
Playstation_awaiter said:
Mummelmann said:
Good job MS, I think the One has a shot at more NPD wins this year besides holidays. They're going to go all-out to capture this market.

I don't know, once ps4 gets a pricecut it my leve xbox in the dust. Remember, ps4 has been selling more at a higher price. If halo5 doesn't push them a hard nothing will. That's their biggest exclusive. They can try all they want but it's note guaranteed they will take it back. 

Lol your downplay is unmatched

jlmurph2 said:

It's not downplay, I'm being reasonable except for the part about being left in the dust. This gen isn't the ps3 360 era. It has completely changed. You cannot assume xbox one will take the lead. Just as we can't assume ps4 will remain ahead. Ps4 has just as much chance as being ahead for the rest of the gen as xbox has at getting in front. As it stands now ps4 being in front has the higher possibility. 

I feel like the people who are posting graphs don't know what they are talking about and are instead posting graphs to distract the readers away from the fact that thye don't know what they are talking about. Of course I avoided all the posts to ocme and commen

jlmurph2 said:

It's not downplay, I'm being reasonable except for the part about being left in the dust. This gen isn't the ps3 360 era. It has completely changed. You cannot assume xbox one will take the lead. Just as we can't assume ps4 will remain ahead. Ps4 has just as much chance as being ahead for the rest of the gen as xbox has at getting in front. As it stands now ps4 being in front has the higher possibility. 

this^.

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:

That was what I was focusing on. You're saying the US can just be automatically won just from a price drop and no other games.

Great job, Xbone! Although some may argue that PS4 will be the biggest console in the U.S. in the long run (and most probably it will), I get the feeling the negative perception people had about the Xbone is waning. It's starting to look like a more than decent console. In any case, I'm looking forward to what Microsoft announces at E3, and mostly to what Rare IP they will reboot. I will probably still get a PS4 as a secondary console (next to my WiiU) before I get an Xbone, but the possibility that I may get one in the future is becoming more of a likelihood than a simple feasability. Well played Microsoft, well played!

Check the Make Account Later blog @ www.makeaccountlater.wordpress.com

Follow me on Twitter @MCJFranck

WU: 45,000 (not 42,000)

2014 Sales:

• Jan: 49,000
  • Feb: 82,500
  • Mar: 71,000
  • Apr: 48,000
  • 1/3 of 2014: 250,500 (250k)

2015 sales Apr to Jan increase by 15%. 250,000 ------> 288,000.

WU sales in 2015:

• Jan: 63,000
  • Feb: 96,000
  • Mar: 84,000
  • 1/4 of 2015: 243,000
288,000 - 243,000 = 45,000

Nvm

DonFerrari said:
Some people crawled from their hideouts to overjoy and celebrate, but don't get too drunk over it.

Also if ioi was here he would say 7,5% is either or both a statistical and technical draw.

Anyway congrats x1 to to reap and saw. Sony better put their 1st parties schedule to better management and get a great E3. No knee jerk reaction, but can't allow themselves to letargy unless they want MS biting their Ass.

GribbleGrunger said:
poklane said:

174k so down 25k YOY

So the XB1 won by 13k? NPD isn't 100% accurate so this to me could be called a draw.

Good observation.

NPD USA's stated margin of error for console POS sell-through is 5-10%, depending on the title (NPD Australia / NPD Canada has varied reliability rates due to unique retailer networks).

So theoretically, the XBO > PS4 win could be reversed if NPD was only 90% accurate this month and NPD's algorithms were completely off.

Basically, the difference isn't significant enough to declare a definitive win outside of the latent margin of error in the data.

Interesting to note this month.