By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are some rare video game things you own, that are brand new?

For example, you own a brand new copy of The Legend of Zelda for the Nintendo Entertainment System, or you own a brand new Atari 5200 controller, or a brand new Sega Master System.

Well, I had something brand new and sealed, but I opened it today. It was a brand new Sega Genesis, but now sadly, it is considered a used Sega Genesis. The seal on the box was destroyed.

Oh well... Kind of defeats the purpose of owning something brand new, and never opening it. Then again, that's what collecting is all about.

Anyone else own a super rare, brand new, shrink wrapped, copy of a video game, system, controller, et cetera?

Around the Network

Brand new? Nothing! I buy it to use it!

But if you are talking about off-the-wall "stuff" I've accumulated over the years, I've got loads of them - especially controllers. That I must have several dozens lying from around from back in the NES days up to my latest Logitech MOMO Force steering wheel.

I also guess what's pretty rare are my collection of Famicom Twin games on disc, although they are also used... 

I have an unopened Tamagotchi that is surely worth "43 meelion dollars!" by now.

I have a million unopened PS1 and PS2 games. For example, an unopened Final Fantasy Athology black label for the PS1.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

I have a Virtual Boy that was hardly used, so I guess you could consider it 'new'.

Around the Network

I owned a Z64, it was/is a backup unit for the Nintendo 64. I ended up selling it because I didn't really play many Nintendo games and it would be cheaper for me just to buy the cartridges of the games I liked for the system.

SpaceJase said:
I have an unopened Tamagotchi that is surely worth "43 meelion dollars!" by now.

i have one too  original yellow version with orange trim

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

I own a brand new Atari 5200. Oh yeah now I am proud.

Are you serious? A brand new Atari 5200? I'll buy it. How much?

Good call... The Legend of Zelda original (not the greatest hits edition) brand new and sealed.