By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Witcher 3 Leaked on Torrent Sites; CD Projekt RED is Asking Pirates for Their Support

Mummelmann said:
LurkerJ said:

You are the one who is doing generalizations here. You want to believe there is a MENTALITY for PC GAMERS that they live by. 

My main point is that CONSOLES GAMERS given the choice to play the game for free on a PC , will be tempted to do so. See what you are missing because you are too focused on belonging to the commuinty you are trying to convince me that you understand so well? Missed the main point I was trying to make.

2 of my friends who chose to go PC only this generation , just like I did, couldn't resist bloodborne and bought a PS4 just to play it. You don't seem to understand how big the souls series is on PC right now and yet you are giving me lectures on the PC gamers MENTALITY. 

So your main point is that PC gamers should expect and desvere to wait longer for releases due to the piracy of console gamers on PC? That seems like a solid argument. That would make the console gamers the actual a-holes in this issue, which is not what the general tone in this thread is at all and that doesn't really help you in the slightest since it becomes a contradiction of your other(?) main point. If your friends were swayed by a single title to buy a 400$ console; they clearly had some interest in it to begin with or they have too much money on their hands.

I'm giving you lectures because you clearly need them and if this very thead is anything to go; most other PC gamers in here seem to agree with me on this.

This is silly. You want me to belong to a faction of gamers so you can construct your points in a certain fashion. Go ahead. I don't care if I ended up make the consoles gamers look like a holes. People are A holes, it doesn't matter what they game on. I am not siding with anyone here. Some people are just that insecure it seems. Fear of piracy exists. Its manifestations are apparent.

Around the Network

they really deserve the money the game looks amazing and will deliver hundreds of hours of entertainment, i hope most people pay for the game.

Mod Note:

Hey guys, let's lay off the hyperbolic comments please. There's no need to over exaggerate things, let's just stay calm and present our points in a civic manner. Let's also avoid blanket statements about users based on the actions of a few.

LurkerJ said:

Conveniently ignoring the underlined part of my post. And please don't tell me you don't know any PC gamer who bought PS4 just to play bloodborne. 

I know 6 of them irl that don't own a PS4 and don't have any interest in BB even though they played DS1/2.

What now?.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

The sheer amount of ignorance and toxicity in this thread towards PC gaming and gamers in general.

This is why I had second thoughts about bothering with other communities in other threads and this just proves it outright, there's no point anymore.

The way CDPR is handling this is admirable rather than resorting to attacking them, you hardly get people like this at all these days, pirates will always pirate regardless of platform and they really should buy and support the devs.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Around the Network
Chazore said:

The sheer amount of ignorance and toxicity in this thread towards PC gaming and gamers in general.

This is why I had second thoughts about bothering with other communities in other threads and this just proves it outright, there's no point anymore.

The way CDPR is handling this is admirable rather than resorting to attacking them, you hardly get people like this at all these days, pirates will always pirate regardless of platform and they really should buy and support the devs.

I was expecting something positive too, after reading the very positive message sent by the developer in the OP. 

sc94597 said:
Chazore said:

I was expecting something positive too, after reading the very positive message sent by the developer in the OP. 

I also just noticed its in gaming dicussion so that leaves the can of worms open to something like this even though the topic is talk of the PC version and ntohign more, I expected this sort of thing to come out of hand on purpose, didn't expect it to get this bad with people actively spitting on PC and PC gamers, it's no wonder the community is much smaller on here.

chocoloco said:
SvennoJ said:

I hope he didn't just shoot himself in the foot by announcing the game for $32.
More disappointment when the real price is $54, while the pirate version is freely available...
It's $60 for PC in Canada and $70 PS4/XBox One btw.

I'll get the ps4 version although I'll be paying over twice as much as the developer just advertised it at...

Edit: It's $42.30 digital pre-order on GoG.com (normally $47), bit closer to $32

So there is no discount for pre-odering via digitally in Canada? In the US, it is $53.99 for both X1 and PS4 if you pre-order to download. Most games are $60 here  if bought at a store. If that is the case Canada is not getting a fair deal.

Digital pre-order is $63 in Canada (discounted from $70) or $81 with expansion pass. Pretty much all games start at $70 here now.
I'll get it for $68 at the shop I always buy my games at. I prefer physical releases.

Chazore said:

It's nice that they support pirates, except console gamers are the ones footing the bill in the end for the pirates to enjoy their free version....
Probably not though, fighting piracy could easily end up costing more than simply ignoring it. They couldn't get the pre-order bonus stuff working right nor the drm with the witcher 2, so it was the right decision to scrap the activation codes and drm and make it available for everyone.

just some more time and most aaa-games on pc might die completly. Pc sales are already super low, i wouldnt be surprised if more and more games will get console exclusive.

Sorry for all legal pc gamers out there, but u are definitive the minority.