By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Witcher 3 Leaked on Torrent Sites; CD Projekt RED is Asking Pirates for Their Support

The irony: a developer taht always supported drm-free approachs to game distribuition and making good pc ports, instead of beign hold back by console limitation is the one that could use some of all this now. Anyway, it's cool that they do that way, but i doubt that people pirating this game will bother to looks at the official forums for anything.

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:
Take Rockstar for example. They've waited years before releasing on pc.

They are smart. Ubisoft does it too. Console allows them to maximize profit (at $60) and then they release it in PC.

Mummelmann said:
LurkerJ said:

That's one developer with goals beyond maximizing profits generated by releasing games. The rest don't follow suit.

Any Console owner given the option to download the game and play it for free will be tempted to do so. PC gamers who can't wait for their favourite games to be released on PC will buy it on consoles. 

Ah, I don't think you understand how the PC gaming community works. This is really, really not how it works.

Conveniently ignoring the underlined part of my post. And please don't tell me you don't know any PC gamer who bought PS4 just to play bloodborne. 

LurkerJ said:
zero129 said:

Really? care to name all them PC titles that dont get a simultaneous release??.

Also consoles has pirates too and delaying the PC version would in no way effect console sales as anyone that intended to get it on consoles would do so and anyone who planed on getting it on PC will just wait and get it on PC with a much higher chance of pirating it cos of the delay.

In LaLa land...

I guess "LaLa land" is the real world. The people who pirate games aren't going to go out and buy a console, which in many of their countries exceeds the price of a gaming PC two-fold or three-fold. And if they already have a console then they'll pirate it on said console. Furthermore, since they have access to a plethora of other PC titles to play until release of this specific game (which they obtain for free) they aren't bothered by not playing a game so soon. Meanwhile the people who intended to buy the game on PC will feel screwed and will either pirate it when it releases, might not buy it when it releases, or wait for a discount since their hype was dilluted. As for DRM's, it has been shown that DRMs lead to piracy as the pirated version is the superior version. 

sc94597 said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Yeah the grass quality was definitely improved, and they still maximized on profits on other platforms.

Because the pirates just didn't pirate the game on the 360 or PS3 (if they even had a console?) GTA V was not delayed on PC because of piracy. It was delayed to make it better. 

How dare you speculate, on my speculation.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
LurkerJ said:
Mummelmann said:

Ah, I don't think you understand how the PC gaming community works. This is really, really not how it works.

Conveniently ignoring the underlined part of my post. And please don't tell me you don't know any PC gamer who bought PS4 just to play bloodborne. 

The person who owns a PC and PS4 is not the person who pirates games. They can afford to buy their games. 

justiceiro said:
but i doubt that people pirating this game will bother to looks at the official forums for anything.

Actually you will see many people in official forums with problems pertaining to their pirated version specifically which out them as pirates. It happens often on Bethesda's forums. 

sc94597 said:
LurkerJ said:

The person who owns a PC and PS4 is not the person who pirates games. They can afford to buy their games. 

Given the option to play the game for free, a lot will do just that. You have a lot of faith in people doing the right thing lol

LurkerJ said:
Mummelmann said:
Do people really believe that delaying the PC version will lead to more sales? 

Yes. And not just any people. It's why PC versions of most games do not get a simultaneous release.

Most PC versions do not get a simultaneous release?

Please look up the multiplatform releases of 2014 and 2015! In most cases, the PC version was released the same day or week as the XBO and PS4 version.

sc94597 said:
LurkerJ said:

In LaLa land...

I guess "LaLa land" is the real world. The people who pirate games aren't going to go out and buy a console, which in many of their countries exceeds the price of a gaming PC two-fold or three-fold. And if they already have a console then they'll pirate it on said console. Furthermore, since they have access to a plethora of other PC titles to play until release of this specific game (which they obtain for free) they aren't bothered by not playing a game so soon. Meanwhile the people who intended to buy the game on PC will feel screwed and will either pirate it when it releases, might not buy it when it releases, or wait for a discount since their hype was dilluted. As for DRM's, it has been shown that DRMs lead to piracy as the pirated version is the superior version. 

Conveniently ignoring my perfect example. Diablo 3 can't be pirated. The single player campaing requires an internet connection. There is LATENCY in my single player game.  Hearthstone can't be played locally etc