By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Music in Xenoblade Chronicles X SUCKS! (at least some times)

Tagged games:

0815user said:

ok, can anybody link tracks from xcx ost that can be considered "good"? now that i've listened to the "bad" parts i'd like to listen to the "good" parts as well.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7277756

Around the Network
Goatseye said:
ktay95 said:
I have nothing wrong with the overall anime vibe of the songs but the rapper, well Im just not feeling it.
I dont have an issue with rap either but something about his voice/raps feels rather meh.

It's just low quality.

I find it kinda retro, 80's-90's ish. I actually don't mind it lol.

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

Tamron said:
Dusk said:

You completed XCX already? How much spare time do you have? It has only been out for two weeks in Japan!

I have a month off after working 7 days a week for crazy hours and over 40 flights in 2015 alone.

Also I don't have the patience to sit through the ridiculously long and boring cutscenes, so I skip them.

OH! Doesn't that mean you missed out on a bunch of the story? I haven't played it so I'm not sure, just assuming. Please don't post any spoilers!!!

Dusk said:
Tamron said:

I have a month off after working 7 days a week for crazy hours and over 40 flights in 2015 alone.

Also I don't have the patience to sit through the ridiculously long and boring cutscenes, so I skip them.

OH! Doesn't that mean you missed out on a bunch of the story? I haven't played it so I'm not sure, just assuming. Please don't post any spoilers!!!

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7274849

Tamron said:
Dusk said:

Why would you do that? It's not an action game, the story is mucho important :<

As for the topic. It mixes epic music with some turds for sure. 

Around the Network
Tamron said:
Dusk said:

Groovy

Goatseye said:
Maraccuda said:
Some of the tracks you posted are fine, cheesy, but fine. Its just Japanese music tastes are usually a few years behind the world from what I have noticed.

In saying that rap songs have no place in video games.
With the ONLY exceptions being Madworld and Anarchy Reigns.

Wow really? I could say the same about shitty punk rock music.

Punk rock music like DMC music? Yeah I hate that too.

If you mean J-rock songs, fair enough, they can seem out of place sometimes but a series like Persona that has both J-Rock and Rap songs I always prefer the non rap ones.

I just think rap music doesnt really match the play style of games, particularly slow paced ones like jrpgs.

Again I really liked the music in Madworld and Anarchy Reigns as it matched the gamestyle, if you havnt heard them before maybe check them out.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

katakpisang said:

you are really wrong here

first yoko only compose about 10% of xenoblade music , and the others are done by ACE+ and minyami kiyota plus one from mitsuda

second among those composer she compose the most weakest piece and mediocre at best , hell i take xeno x normal battle theme than xeno battle theme

i hate high pitched violin music because there no diversity on that music , same like KH , mana series , last ranker , radiant historia and mario rpg

if you want to hear epic listen to xenoblade x THEMEX and see if yoko can compose such a bombastic and epic like that

i played xenoblade chronicles not because i'm a jrpg fans but because ACE+ , first when i heard "they will know our names" that probably the best piece after nubuo battle theme piece and directly forcing me to play the game .

Ace+ composed most of the songs, but Yoko had a very important participation in that games OST, she composed some of the most important songs on Xeno Chronicles including one of the battle themes and the games main theme. OK dude I get it you dont like violins but Yoko has worked on multple videogames and is widly considered one of the best game composers there is, her KH score is super highly regarded by almost everyone, youre allowed to hate her music but youre one of few dissonant voices.

Aparently there are some ppl that like techno rap as a battle song, OK no problme there, but going with a tried and true composer instead of risking and managing to displease a lot of ppl as we can see in this thread wouldve been better. Hell they couldve had Ace+ them if youre so against Yoko.