By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Music in Xenoblade Chronicles X SUCKS! (at least some times)

Tagged games:

I haven't listened to it all yet but I must comment on how terrible the first track you posted is. I'm equally as shocked by the fact that people actually managed to enjoy it :/

Around the Network

The only one I truly don't like the is the first one (night theme for New Los Angeles), and the last one (Don't Worry) is...stupid...reminds me of the song that plays during the last cutscene in the original Xenoblade...sounds like something a teenage girl will listen.

With how much characters talk during battles, you probably won't even care about the rap in the battle theme...you will get more annoyed to the constant character yelling.

Nintendo and PC gamer

I dont find the music ugly, I actually like it very much; BUT considering they are from a game they are out of context. Maybe if they were featured in a cutscene they would make sense or in a trailer.

Maybe it is just like the soundtrack of Silent Hill, on which you have lots of songs, but within the game you only have the a song in the credits.

I think that if these songs are taken from gameplay parts they wont have voice, and will be just music.

Namiirei said:
alternine said:
Yeah was never a fan of vocals in video game ost's. Jet Set Radio is the only game where it works.

not even FF14 ? (for boss fight)

Metal gear rising ? (same)

Persona 3/4 ?

and Devil May Cry. I love the soundtrack in DMC3 and DMC4.

The Music are not all that bad man... the first two you mention i complete agree, the others are quite enjoyable.
To me the major problem with the Xenoblade X music is the singers not been so good, like when Square make games they only chose great singers to perform the songs.

Around the Network

I concur with the OP.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Dusk said:
Tamron said:
Games good, music is awful because those few shitty ones happen to be the most commonly played ones.

Spare me the knee jerk reaction, I've played and completed the game.

You completed XCX already? How much spare time do you have? It has only been out for two weeks in Japan!

I have a month off after working 7 days a week for crazy hours and over 40 flights in 2015 alone.

Also I don't have the patience to sit through the ridiculously long and boring cutscenes, so I skip them.

Soriku said:

Boutros said:

Honestly even the weakest FFXIII music is better than most songs in the OP...

I like FF XIII's OST, but seriously, no.

Which music from the OP is better than which music from FFXIII's soundtrack?

vivster said:

This is the style of Hiroyuki Sawano. He frequelntly mixes vocals and rap in his music. One of the most prominent examples is this.

It's not the best style but at least he's consistent.

This is the way to be more strong.

OT: I didn't listen to them all...but one of the earlier tracks seemed like something straight out of Kill la Kill, which had one of my favorite anime OSTs. In general I don't really mind vocals in games. Worse case scenario I'll just get used to it. I thought the Persona 4 battle song was kinda annoying at first, and now I love that too.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

outlawauron said:
Boutros said:
bigtakilla said:
DanneSandin said:

But the music in Xenoblade Chronicles was sooo good! What happened here? =(

Opinions happened. There are two of those songs I find annoying, the others aren't bad. Still better than the Final Fantasy XIII soundtrack at least (even the songs here). 

Honestly even the weakest FFXIII music is better than most songs in the OP...

It's the ragdoll for people to hate on Boutros. Nier and FF13 are the best two examples I can think of when it comes to OSTs with vocals.

Yeah Nier (and the composer's follow-up work on Drakengard 3) is definitely a highlight of last-gen.

And the Persona series nails the integration of rap vocals in a video game. Catherine too.