By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NintenDomination! Your quest is over. We present you a new thread.

Rate Platina's Reign

10 15 62.50%

9 3 12.50%

8 0 0%

7 0 0%

6 1 4.17%

5 3 12.50%

4 1 4.17%

3 0 0%

2 0 0%

1 1 4.17%

Total:24
Skullwaker said:
cannonballZ said:
Well, Minecraft Wii U map size is same as 360 and ps3, it won't have gamepad functionality passed off tv play and is more expensive than other versions. The extra content it comes with is worth less than $10.

I don't understand. Are they trying to make this the worst selling version? (Even though it was already going to be the worst selling version.)

This would have been acceptable a year or two ago when people really wanted Minecraft on Wii U. But now, Ninty already mentioned NX and most know Wii U is a dying console. We're basically near the end of Wii U, not the greatest time to pull this stunt.

I will still purchase the game, but I don't see this selling many copies. I at least hope they come out with some really cool Nintendo themed DLC. I know they've already mentioned it, but I'm hoping it's not just skin packs.

So, anyone else picking this game up?

Can I get a source for this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBaKGegTN2U&feature=youtu.be&t=2m

He's playing the Wii U version

Around the Network
Mike321 said:

It´s not pirating either, It´s more of a comunitty effort to bring the competitive side of pokemon to everyone, designed by the most important competitive community of pokemon, there is nothing wrong with supporting that. You can still play showdown and support nintendo by buying their games at the same time.

No amount of surgar coating will change the fact that it isn't made or supported by Nintendo. Now, I may believe it's only right that tournaments use the official game, but that's just me. If yal want to run your tournament through it, then by all means, no skin off my bones. Sounds like uran10 doesn't want tournaments there either though, but of course it's all up to Platina in the end.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Mike321 said:

It´s not pirating either, It´s more of a comunitty effort to bring the competitive side of pokemon to everyone, designed by the most important competitive community of pokemon, there is nothing wrong with supporting that. You can still play showdown and support nintendo by buying their games at the same time.

No amount of surgar coating will change the fact that it isn't made or supported by Nintendo. Now, I may believe it's only right that tournaments use the official game, but that's just me. If yal want to run your tournament through it, then by all means, no skin off my bones. Sounds like uran10 doesn't want tournaments there either though, but of course it's all up to Platina in the end.

So what if it´s not supported by nintendo? We should just ignore a community effort just because nintendo doesn´t care about it? I´m ok if you don´t like showdown but don´t make it sound like we are breaking the law of turning our back on nintendo by potentially using showdown here to play on tournaments.

Another question, do you play or support project m? If you don´t then at least you are consistent and I can respect that but if you do then I don´t see why you can´t support showdown

Stupid Dolphin is just scared that if we had a tourney on Showdown I'd show up and hand his ass to him

Mike321 said:

So what if it´s not supported by nintendo? We should just ignore a community effort just because nintendo doesn´t care about it? I´m ok if you don´t like showdown but don´t make it sound like we are breaking the law of turning our back on nintendo by potentially using showdown here to play on tournaments.

Another question, do you play or support project m? If you don´t then at least you are consistent and I can respect that but if you do then I don´t see why you can´t support showdown

I can't help what you think my post sounds like, but like I said, I just think it makes more sense to use the official game, but don't care eitherway. As for not liking Showdown, yeah I can't say I'm a fan of something that's detrimental to the actual games. It may not be by much, but it's existence gives reason to not buy and play the real games thus not supporting the real ones responsible for that game you're playing on Showdown.

I've only heard of Project M, and I thought it still requires the actual game and system so it's more of a hack. The only thing like this that I support is Dueling Network and YGOPro, because Konami is actively trying to piss off it's playerbase and they intentionally made the game ridiculously expensive in the west. Buying packs isn't even an option if you want to build a competitive deck, so your money only goes directly to Konami when you enter their events anyway.

Around the Network
ktay95 said:
Stupid Dolphin is just scared that if we had a tourney on Showdown I'd show up and hand his ass to him

Nah, I'd just like to use the team I put a lot of work into creating and play on the platform that supports the creators. I'd lose the tournament regardless of where it's played since I don't like single battles and my teams are built with doubles in mind.

Einsam_Delphin said:

I can't help what you think my post sounds like, but like I said, I just think it makes more sense to use the official game, but don't care eitherway. As for not liking Showdown, yeah I can't say I'm a fan of something that's detrimental to the actual games. It may not be by much, but it's existence gives reason to not buy and play the real games thus not supporting the real ones responsible for that game you're playing on Showdown.

I've only heard of Project M, and I thought it still requires the actual game and system so it's more of a hack. The only thing like this that I support is Dueling Network and YGOPro, because Konami is actively trying to piss off it's playerbase and they intentionally made the game ridiculously expensive in the west. Buying packs isn't even an option if you want to build a competitive deck, so your money only goes directly to Konami when you enter their events anyway.

Ok so at least you are consisten with your lack of support to community efforts, which is ok I can respect that. And just to end this topic pokemon showdown doesn´t hurt nintendo at all because: a) It´s pokemon and it sells like crazy no matter what, b) people buy pokemon games and use showdown to test teams before going to the whole breeding proccess to recreate them in the official game, c) most of the people that buy pokemon are not invested in the competitive scene and they don´t know about showdown and d) Nintendo would have taken the site down already if it was hurting them.

With this I´m not saying you should start supporting this or any other fan-made game, I´m just saying you are wrong, this type of community efforts don´t have any kind of negative impact in a multi billion dollar company.

Mike321 said:

Ok so at least you are consisten with your lack of support to community efforts, which is ok I can respect that. And just to end this topic pokemon showdown doesn´t hurt nintendo at all because: a) It´s pokemon and it sells like crazy no matter what, b) people buy pokemon games and use showdown to test teams before going to the whole breeding proccess to recreate them in the official game, c) most of the people that buy pokemon are not invested in the competitive scene and they don´t know about showdown and d) Nintendo would have taken the site down already if it was hurting them.

With this I´m not saying you should start supporting this or any other fan-made game, I´m just saying you are wrong, this type of community efforts don´t have any kind of negative impact in a multi billion dollar company.

You can't honestly tell me not a single person plays Showdown without owning the games, therefore I'm not wrong. Hell if I were to go on and play it right now then I'd be doing a disservice since I don't actually own OR or AS.

cannonballZ said:
Well, Minecraft Wii U map size is same as 360 and ps3, it won't have gamepad functionality passed off tv play and is more expensive than other versions. The extra content it comes with is worth less than $10.

I don't understand. Are they trying to make this the worst selling version? (Even though it was already going to be the worst selling version.)

This would have been acceptable a year or two ago when people really wanted Minecraft on Wii U. But now, Ninty already mentioned NX and most know Wii U is a dying console. We're basically near the end of Wii U, not the greatest time to pull this stunt.

I will still purchase the game, but I don't see this selling many copies. I at least hope they come out with some really cool Nintendo themed DLC. I know they've already mentioned it, but I'm hoping it's not just skin packs.

So, anyone else picking this game up?

Hopefully in 2016 they will add those gamepad features. And things could change around....... maybe.... 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Einsam_Delphin said:
ktay95 said:

Nah, I'd just like to use the team I put a lot of work into creating and play on the platform that supports the creators. I'd lose the tournament regardless of where it's played since I don't like single battles and my teams are built with doubles in mind.

Hey Doubles >>>>> Singles every day of the week man