By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NintenDomination! Your quest is over. We present you a new thread.

Rate Platina's Reign

10 15 62.50%

9 3 12.50%

8 0 0%

7 0 0%

6 1 4.17%

5 3 12.50%

4 1 4.17%

3 0 0%

2 0 0%

1 1 4.17%

Total:24

I'm giving Nintendo a 7.

Lots of great games this year, the big ones for me being Splatoon and XCX. Yoshi's Woolly World and Super Mario Maker are also great games.

Nintendo has also done some other great things, like being able to keep Smash exciting with all this character DLC, and they've been improving on amiibo stock since the second half of this year (I no longer have to wait in line early in the morning just to get the new ones.)

My main cons for Nintendo would probably be that their E3 presentation was pretty bad, and that Splatoon and XCX are the only titles this year that are really wow'ing me.

There were some stinkers as well, including Mario Tennis Ultra Smash, and Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival.

Overall, I'd give them a 7, and I am already looking forward to next year, with FE Fates and Star Fox Zero on the way.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

I give Nintendo's 2015 a 3/10

The Good:

-Xenoblade Chronicles X

-Splatoon

-Bringing Fatal Frame west

-Yoshi's Woolly World

The Bad:

-E3

-Zelda delay

-Starfox delay

-No major new Wii U reveals

-Mario Tennis

-Amiibo Festival

-Kirby and the Rainbow Curse

-Mario Party 10

-Metroid Federation Farce

-No physical release for Fatal Frame in NA

*Just completed Super Mystery Dungeon's main story after 70 hours*
*Pokemon befriended count is at 111 out of 720*

Well, shit, lol.

Platina said:
spemanig said:

Unless your using off TV play, plugging headphones into the gamepad only uses the mostly silent gamepad audio.

Anyone know how to unlock the "fashion equipment" setting?

Off TV mode makes the sound work normally right?

Yes.

2/10.

Xenoblade and MK8 DLC. That is all I used my Wii U for, and I don't even know if XCX is good yet. Shit year is an understatement.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

I bought Bayonetta 2 :D!!!!!

Price matched at Best Buy for $35

I refuse to buy from Gamestop from the shitty service I had before with them and the fact that they sometimes sell open boxed games as New (its exactly what happened to me last week when I went to pick up bayonetta 2).

I sooooo still need to buy Bayonetta! Somehow i can't find a perfect time to play it Maybe if next year i don't buy Pokken, i can use that time for Bayo (since theres nothing in Spring releasing so far besides Pokken). The demo was realllllllyyyyyy good. Especially how im not used to button mashing. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Wow, I suppose I will go with a 7?

Splatoon, Smash DLC, Fatal Frame 5, and X are def a plus for me this year.

While the negatives are Smash DLC and Fatal Frame 5. Nintendo is going too far with the DLC, and Fatal Frame 5 I found to be rather on the poorer side, as well as it being digi only... : P As well as Amiibo Fest and Ultra Smash. Those are just terrible...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Ultrashroomz said:

Just got back home, with this on my desk:

HYPE

that is one ugly ass box, guess my eshop purchase was a good idea, and my copy started working before 12AM too lol

curl-6 said:

Part 3 of Nintendo's behind the scenes feature on Fast Racing Neo

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/12/feature_a_glimpse_behind_the_scenes_of_fast_racing_neo_-_part_three

I don't know why they are not 2nd party Nintendo already lol, like wtf.

I'd probably rank Nintendo a 6/10 this year.

In terms of overall playtime, my 3DS still trounces everything, while my 2nd place jumps back and forth between new Wii U games and my PS3 backlog. Splatoon and Mario Maker were both very pleasant surprises, and I plan to keep playing them over the course of next year.

Past that though...Nintendo's 1st party output definitely felt lackluster to me. A lot of spinoff games announced that I don't care about, while the games I do care about were delayed till next year. Sure I haven't played everything yet (Xeno is supposed to arrive tomorrow or Monday, and I've asked for Yoshi as a Christmas gift), but that isn't really enough to redeem it.

Overall, Monster Hunter 4 and SMT: Devil Survivor 2 Break Record have been my two favorite game experiences this year, and both are 3rd party games. They were localized...so I'll give Nintendo some credit for that. Still a very average year for me from Nintendo, though. Hopefully a much better 2016!

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334