By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NintenDomination! Your quest is over. We present you a new thread.

Rate Platina's Reign

10 15 62.50%

9 3 12.50%

8 0 0%

7 0 0%

6 1 4.17%

5 3 12.50%

4 1 4.17%

3 0 0%

2 0 0%

1 1 4.17%

Total:24
Skullwaker said:
Nuvendil said:
It will likely be considered a new franchise that is part of existing IPs.  Kind of like Persona, Shin Megami Tensei, Devil Survivor, Persona Q are all different, distinct franchises but the IP they draw from is the same.  This may be considered the same type of thing. 

That's basically what I'm thinking also. I'd love for it to become a growing franchise between Nintendo and Atlus. It's really a game that fills a hole in the Wii U's library.

If they do that they should really go in strong next gen with their RPGs sooner.  Mother, Xenoblade, Fire Emblem, Golden Sun, Pokemon, and now this gives them a pretty diverse range of RPGs.  Add to this franchises they currently seem to have influence and exclussivity over - most notably Monster Hunter and Bravely - and that is a very robust RPG lineup imo.  And it would give Nintendo an area other than platformers where they would really have one over their competition as far as exclussives go. 

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:
If they do that they should really go in strong next gen with their RPGs sooner.  Mother, Xenoblade, Fire Emblem, Golden Sun, Pokemon, and now this gives them a pretty diverse range of RPGs.  Add to this franchises they currently seem to have influence and exclussivity over - most notably Monster Hunter and Bravely - and that is a very robust RPG lineup imo.  And it would give Nintendo an area other than platformers where they would really have one over their competition as far as exclussives go.  

That would especially be the case if their next console was a fusion, as their handhelds have never really had a problem with getting a solid RPG catalog. 

What I find notable is that Nintendo is the only one of the big three to actually develop RPGs in-house, with the games you listed (Mother, Fire Emblem, Xenoblade, Pokemon, Golden Sun, etc.). This gives them a distinct advantage that they need to start utilizing outside of their handheld space. Again, a fusion platform would easily rectify this.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

I think the game could work as a regular franchise because the game has its own identity. To me it all depends on how good the reviews and the sales are. Unfortunately I don't belive the game is going to sell great.

Don't forget Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi.

Also we have Yokai Watch for now.

I still don't know what to think of Genei Ibun Roku # FE. I love Fire Emblem, but this isn't fire emblem. Either way I'll probably give it a chance.
I feel like as long as it's semi successful, it will get more sequels and become a franchise, but if it's a huge flop, I don't expect anymore releases. This game can honestly go either way, idk.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

Around the Network
ARamdomGamer said:
Don't forget Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi.

Also we have Yokai Watch for now.

Yep.  Even bigger.  And even without Fusion they have a good lineup on both ends. 

Argh, my team losses again, 0-2 on Splatfest now. Welp, I blame the rest of the team! xP

EDIT: Here are results, lost by 4. T_T

Is Custom Robo an RPG?

Also there is The Last Story and Pandora's Tower, but we don't know if they are going to continue them, same situation with games like Magical Starsign.

No team water slide!!!!! Dammit I thought we were going to win easily

ARamdomGamer said:
Is Custom Robo an RPG?

Also there is The Last Story and Pandora's Tower, but we don't know if they are going to continue them, same situation with games like Magical Starsign.

Yeah, Custom Robo is an action RPG.

And wow, I can't believe Team Waterslide lost. I won most of my matches. I'd say even more than I won during the last Splatfest. This does prove at least that it's not just a popularity contest.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread