By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NintenDomination! Your quest is over. We present you a new thread.

Rate Platina's Reign

10 15 62.50%

9 3 12.50%

8 0 0%

7 0 0%

6 1 4.17%

5 3 12.50%

4 1 4.17%

3 0 0%

2 0 0%

1 1 4.17%

Total:24
cycycychris said:
I'm picking off where I left off in Lego city again a few days ago, and my god Nintendo needs to hire whoever does the VA hiring in the game. Everytime it amazes me more and more. They have Arnold schwarzenegger voice in the game. And morgan freeman. One thing this game did not go cheap out on it finding high quality voice acting and writing(though the people who voiced them were impersonators).

Lego City is amazing, easliy the best Lego game.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Samus Aran said:

I'm quoting you for something unrelated.

Did you unlock gold yoshi yet? I'm currently stuck on the final boss (who could it possibly be?), I got to the second phaze, but I die too fast to learn its attack pattern.

Might try again on another day, kind of tired of the game now. Bosses are definitely a weak point of this game. I liked the Piranha the most and that was because of that neat easter egg. :p

I unlocked all Yoshis over a week ago. You would have known if Platina wasn't such a scumbag when it comes to putting things in the thread title. As for the boss you are stuck on:

There isn't much of a pattern you need to learn. Make extensive use of those things that shoot you to the other end of the arena and the only thing you will ever have to worry about are the flames that wander to the edge of the arena after Baby Bowser stomps on the ground (bad timing with the shot can make you land right on top of a flame). Since he moves so fast in this kinda boss rush mode, you won't have to wait long to hit the wool in front of his head (you will hardly get more than one shot in on the wool behind his head). The first move he makes after turning around is usually another stomp, so plenty of time for you to jump into the nearest shooting thing to get behind his back again. Rinse and repeat this strategy and that's the whole battle. At the halfway mark he will destroy most of the arena, but that's a non-issue if you simply wait in one of those shooting things; you can't get hit there. 

Thanks mate! I really suck at 2D bosses lol, you should see me playing 2D Metroid.

Although the bosses in this game were way too easy in normal mode.

If there is a yoshi to unlock after you 100% the entire game than you deserve to be in the thread title. I don't think even Nintendo is that cruel though and even if they were which yoshi would be so cool that he has such a harsh requirement lol.

episteme said:

So, team rock won.

Hm, it's weird that some of you had so many issues. I had one 3 vs. 4 yesterday and only 4 vs. 4 today. Less lag because it was without American and Japanese players.

Team rock ftw! Full on rock boy here ! Loved Splatfest: the small differences in how the game looked and felt made it a great experience for me. Judd being super excited for a change, the music, the colors...

I had a few more issues than I normally had with connectivity, but nothing substantial. Only got kicked out of an active match once, only had to play with or againts an incomplete team twice, a bit of lag (mostly on Sunday afternoon), and finding a match was a bit more difficult. But overall: no big deal. And I was playing on wi-fi!

On the flip side, I found the playing level of player to be substantially higher than normal. Some people are really really good at this game (way better than I am, that's for sure), something which I don't see on regular days. Loved the challenge, since on a regular day I'm oftentimes at the top of my team, whilst during Splatfest I was oftentimes only the third in rank.

Check the Make Account Later blog @ www.makeaccountlater.wordpress.com

Follow me on Twitter @MCJFranck

RolStoppable said:
Samus Aran said:

Thanks mate! I really suck at 2D bosses lol, you should see me playing 2D Metroid.

Although the bosses in this game were way too easy in normal mode.

If there is a yoshi to unlock after you 100% the entire game than you deserve to be in the thread title. I don't think even Nintendo is that cruel though and even if they were which yoshi would be so cool that he has such a harsh requirement lol.

The difficulty of the bosses is okay when you consider that you have to earn the star for hearts in one try. This isn't like in any of the Yoshi's Island games where starting from the checkpoint restores your health to the level you had when hitting the checkpoint; in Woolly's World it resets to 10, so you have to clear the level in one go. Or you skip the checkpoint before the boss (if possible), so you can try from the previous checkpoint that grants you the chance to accumulate 20 hearts before retrying the boss.

There is no Yoshi for 100%, but the requirements for the Platinum Yoshi are still relatively demanding.

Didn't know there was one past gold. :p

There's a 7th S-level isn't there? Oh boy.

So what's your overall opinion of this game? This was my first yoshi and I liked it a lot. There were some annoying gimmick levels here and there though. I kind of wish they surprised us with another boss after baby Bowser was defeated.

Good games mZuzek! Only thing I was wondering the whole time is why the green shirt with it's bomb range ability when you have no bombs to throw? :O

Around the Network
MakeAccountLater said:

But overall: no big deal. And I was playing on wi-fi!

Well, I have 200 Mbit and use a LAN-Adapter, maybe that's why I have less problems than others.

episteme said:
MakeAccountLater said:

But overall: no big deal. And I was playing on wi-fi!

Well, I have 200 Mbit and use a LAN-Adapter, maybe that's why I have less problems than others.

Maybe, yeah. It helps with regards to lag at least. I could have plugged an ethernet cable into my WiiU (should really get a splitter one of these days) to see whether it would have made a difference, but it really wasn't all that bad. Just a few problems Sunday afternoon. I had no problems at all while playing a bit Saturday evening. My guess is that the connection problems the others are talking about have to do with the servers being overpopulated, which seems to be a bigger issue in the U.S. than in Europe.

Less connected WiiUs there and all .

Check the Make Account Later blog @ www.makeaccountlater.wordpress.com

Follow me on Twitter @MCJFranck

cycycychris said:
I'm picking off where I left off in Lego city again a few days ago, and my god Nintendo needs to hire whoever does the VA hiring in the game. Everytime it amazes me more and more. They have Arnold schwarzenegger voice in the game. And morgan freeman. One thing this game did not go cheap out on it finding high quality voice acting and writing(though the people who voiced them were impersonators).

I know right! It really made the game sooooo much better.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
cycycychris said:

I know right! It really made the game sooooo much better.

That's why I hope we can enable Japanese voice acting for Genei Ibun Roku #FE, but somehow I doubt it.

Here's the official Japanese box art for Dragon Quest VIII. Feels so much better to get news on this game knowing that we're going to get it. (also, this reminds me of the Smash 3DS box art).

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread