By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NintenDomination! Your quest is over. We present you a new thread.

Rate Platina's Reign

10 15 62.50%

9 3 12.50%

8 0 0%

7 0 0%

6 1 4.17%

5 3 12.50%

4 1 4.17%

3 0 0%

2 0 0%

1 1 4.17%

Total:24
curl-6 said:
ktay95 said:

I think Australia actually surpassed you guys for the fattest country in the world at one point

Yes we did, but that was in 2008.

Other countries have passed us siunce then, but we're still pretty bad; currently, 63% of Australian adults are overweight or obese.

Holy shit...63% ?

That's a lot :( 

Now, that Switch count down :) I'm so hyped... I hope I will be able to buy one quickly (missed my pre-order). 

Around the Network
Imaginedvl said:
curl-6 said:

Yes we did, but that was in 2008.

Other countries have passed us siunce then, but we're still pretty bad; currently, 63% of Australian adults are overweight or obese.

Holy shit...63% ?

Yeah, it's pretty bad. Once you get to a majority percentage like that, you have the addded problem that because most people are overweight/obese, it's perceived as "normal" and people are less inclined to recognize it as a problem and do something about it.

I remember back when Wii Fit was a craze, it sold to something like 1 in 10 Australians, but apparently it's no substitute for the real thing as obesity rates just kept climbing.

curl-6 said:
Imaginedvl said:

Holy shit...63% ?

Yeah, it's pretty bad. Once you get to a majority percentage like that, you have the addded problem that because most people are overweight/obese, it's perceived as "normal" and people are less inclined to recognize it as a problem and do something about it.

I remember back when Wii Fit was a craze, it sold to something like 1 in 10 Australians, but apparently it's no substitute for the real thing as obesity rates just kept climbing.

I suppose that's a silver lining to our ridiculously huge pharmaceudical and medical industry in the States:  we are bombarded 24/7, 365 with commercials reminding us how unhealthy we are so we don't have much choice but to constantly think about it :P

Nuvendil said:

I suppose that's a silver lining to our ridiculously huge pharmaceudical and medical industry in the States:  we are bombarded 24/7, 365 with commercials reminding us how unhealthy we are so we don't have much choice but to constantly think about it :P

I think it's partly cultural also; Australians tend to have a very laid back attitude, to the point where you're very health-focussed you're almost looked upon as weird. I have a friend from Canada who moved here and says the biggest difference she noticed was that compared to her home country, people exercise far less, there are hardly any gyms here, and those that do exist are practically empty.  There's just less of a culture of fitness.

When we asked point-blank if there was a possibility that the 3DS Zelda teams were working on a new game for the Nintendo Switch, Aonuma said,

“There are definitely good things about the 2D world and the playstyles of the 2D world,” Aonuma says. “There are a lot of fans who enjoy that style. This Nintendo Switch style, which is the evolved style of gameplay is not necessarily… I want you to think of it more as an evolved style of 2D style. For the 3DS team, I am trying to make them think in a more evolved 2D-style approach.”

“The handheld development team will not be phased out because of Nintendo Switch. Switch will allow the users to bring their home console on the go, but this doesn’t mean handheld game development like Nintendo 3DS will be discontinued.”

https://mynintendonews.com/2017/02/14/aonuma-says-a-2d-zelda-game-on-the-nintendo-switch-is-definitely-a-possibility/

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

Japanese Switch TV spot shows FIFA:

WOW! Is that the first time we're seeing Fifa on Switch?
DQH Looks great! Never played any game in the series though.

And I really like them 1 2 Switch Japanese ads! Much better than the western ones! Less cringey. Probbaly cause it reminds me of some Japanese game shows.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Btw just found out about this Red Joycon grip! My eyes are bleeding! I wonder how bright it is in real life.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
Btw just found out about this Red Joycon grip! My eyes are bleeding! I wonder how bright it is in real life.

That's really bright =.=

Not sure how it would look with the grey joycons though..

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

curl-6 said:
Nuvendil said:

I think it's partly cultural also; Australians tend to have a very laid back attitude, to the point where you're very health-focussed you're almost looked upon as weird. I have a friend from Canada who moved here and says the biggest difference she noticed was that compared to her home country, people exercise far less, there are hardly any gyms here, and those that do exist are practically empty.  There's just less of a culture of fitness.

Well when speaking of cultural differences keep in mind that the US is a very, very large country and subcultures can differ very widely.  There are some really laid back states, hustle and bustle states, etc etc.  There's obviously some underlying unity but still, lot of differences.  

But I do get what you are saying and yeah, it makes sense.