By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Official Witcher 3 review thread, 93 meta on PS4, 93 on PC, 91 on XB1 [Mod Approved]

Will you be buying Witcher 3?

Day 1 156 58.87%

On sale 38 14.34%

After the Enhanced/GOTY edition releases 44 16.60%

No 24 9.06%

Total:262
haxxiy said:
dane007 said:
I have played 6 hours on pc with all settings cranked to ultra with nvidia hair works on as well. the game is mostly 60fps. theres a framerate issue during cutscene which is bug . Apart from that the only i notice it , is when you ride roach too quickly from area to the next. I have had no problems with game breaking bugs as mentioned on the internet.

The graphics is purely stunning. The story is fantastic and the detail on the npcs and the main characters is wow. Oh yea yennefer on ultra is damn fucking hot!. Combat is much faster and much more responsive then witcher 2. Leveling up system is very detail and follows skyrim with light, heavy an medium armor. Mutagen plays a bigger role here with your character stats and how bonuses given by the mutagen increase if you match them with the abilities you unlock. AI is pretty smart.

You don't have to worry about them. Difficulty hasn't changed from witcher 2. At the start you are alot stronger then you were in witcher 2. Plus no loading screens is awesom. Btw if you have purchased the retail version of witcher 3 , then you have to install 4 discs. The graphic options available is not as big compared to witcher 2.

The hairworks is pretty cool. they work and looks Quite realistic. it works on geralt and the enemies. Its still not proper which you guys will see as you progress in the story. If you dont have a top end GU, you will get quite a bit of performance hit to your frame rate

The frame rate thing might be an HDD bottleneck. Maybe the game will benefit from an SDD install? I still need to check that out.

And the hairworks... yeah. Realistic for the monsters. But for Geralt and the others? I guess Nvidia / CD Project watched some L'Oréal Paris commercials instead of glancing at how hair behaves in real life... oh well. It's fantasy and I'll pretend they designed some alchemy to have hair like that...

For geralt when hes talking its quite realistic, but when riding fast on a horse during cut scenen , not so much lol.  I heard its the borderless frame that cause the  problem which i use.  When the game zooms out while you control geralt, it looks very real haha. Will have to try it with full screen. Its very minor. It only last for a second. its the conversation bug frameraet which happens on all platforms , which is annoying.  Dont forget the hair works takes alot of the preformance as well lol.  Looks nice but if you dont have the gpu to do i t, then i wouldnt put it on. You can easily achieve 60fps with a lower gpu without it. 

Around the Network

I'm going in a hour to the Official presentation and show, and to buy it :D Yes !

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

While I like the game because its massive and well done generally, the combat system is a bit broken for me, targeting is hard and at times its all over the place. The music could be much better as well, when fighting the Griffin it was pretty disappointing. Its not like bloodborne which has an awesome soundtrack when going into a boss.

NavyNut said:
While I like the game because its massive and well done generally, the combat system is a bit broken for me, targeting is hard and at times its all over the place. The music could be much better as well, when fighting the Griffin it was pretty disappointing. Its not like bloodborne which has an awesome soundtrack when going into a boss.

Its better to not lock on to the enemies. makes  the fight a bit more diffciult when it shouldn tbe. jsut use freestyle and face the enemy you wnt to kill

9.5/10 from playstationlifestyle

''The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is truly an incredible masterpiece. The writing and building of the world alone should be lauded as some of the best in video games. Stories weave in and out of one another surprisingly. The consequences of every decision are far reaching and unpredictable while also making complete sense once they happen. The world is organic, dangerous, and fun to explore. There is a true sense of reward and accomplishment. While minor design choices keep it from being absolutely perfect, The Witcher 3 will go down as one of the best games of this generation of consoles. ''

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2015/05/19/the-witcher-3-review-perfect-tapestry-ps4/#/slide/1

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network

100/100 from digitalspy !

PS4 Version.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/review/a648307/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-review-an-utterly-mesmerising-world-youll-want-to-get-lost-in.html#~pdjt1fZXepATYc

Harriet Tubman.

When I'll have time and a PC able to run it decently, the Enhanced Edition will have already been released. So, with the few possible glitches already fixed, one or more expansions included, and possibly some improvements in the graphics, if it's already >90 now, when I'll get it it will be epic.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

9.5/10 from gamer.nl

PS4 Version

https://gamer.nl/articles/review/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/

and Meta on PC now down to 93.

Harriet Tubman.

9.4/10 from actiontrip : Excellent.

PS4 Version

http://www.actiontrip.com/reviews/ps4/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt.phtml

''The Witcher 3 is an engaging, overwhelmingly lengthy gaming experience with a staggering amount of characters to meet and places to explore. With solid quest structure, great voice acting and a killer soundtrack, there’s really not much we can say or add that could further sugar-coat our sentiment, which is as follows: “this is the game to buy right now, like, NOW!”''

Harriet Tubman.

Deserved I got 63 hours clocked so far since it came out 5-8 probably are afk hours. Either way it's extremely engaging and i have a hard time putting it down. It's been a while since a game made me think about the story/decisions i made an hour after I stopped playing it... The last one being Bioshock Infinite.