By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Official Witcher 3 review thread, 93 meta on PS4, 93 on PC, 91 on XB1 [Mod Approved]

Will you be buying Witcher 3?

Day 1 156 58.87%

On sale 38 14.34%

After the Enhanced/GOTY edition releases 44 16.60%

No 24 9.06%

Total:262
tbone51 said:
shikamaru317 said:

Currently:

1. Super Mario 3D World- 93

2. Bloodborne- 92

2. Super Smash Bros. Wii U- 92

2. Witcher 3- 92

So tied for 2nd highest game of the generation so far.

Forgot Awakening!!! I thought Bloodborne was a 93, anywayz Batman Coming up to join or surpass these games next!

Dunno what other games.

Some site reviewed it last week at gave it a 70 which lowered it to 92.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network

Glad to see it review well, I loved the Witcher 2.

This and DA Inquisition will be the 1st games I get if/when I eventually get a Xbox One or PS4.

Spending warm summer days indoors   

Writing frightening verse

To a buck-toothed girl in Luxembourg

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, WiiU, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS, Mega Drive, Game Gear, PS1, PS2, PSP, XBOX 360, Atari Lynx

chocoloco said:
tbone51 said:

Huh? Talking about Metascore. Not Direct Comparisons 

Well, the thread being about the greatness of Bloodborne and games on a console that does not get most third parties is kind of strange. 

His original post was paying the game a complement dude.  He was saying it was one of the best reviewed games of the gen.  So chill.

And that really goes for a lot of people in this thread.  Chill out.  If you think the game is going to be overrated, then don't buy it.  But don't come here and declare it is without it even being released.

shikamaru317 said:
A 95 from IGN Spain has been added.

Do you know the other review added? It was near to reach 93 again with this 95 but another reviews <= 90 was added and so it will stay on 92 but I don't know the review lol

Well I just didn't like the words "will be better"... why not solid 30fps

Around the Network

shikamaru317 said:

I think they only added 1 review, let me go double check.

It shows 25.

92 based on 25 reviews.

shikamaru317 said:

Nevermind, you're right, they added an 87 from GamesVillage.it as well.

Ohhhhh... that it... I know it was a sub 90 because it hold 92.

PS. I won't read that one lol due language issues.

The developers were pretty confident with this game. There was a tendency of releasing the embargo on launch date or after it. Now I have to wait a whole week to play it.

Angelv577 said:
The developers were pretty confident with this game. There was a tendency of releasing the embargo on launch date or after it. Now I have to wait a whole week to play it.

However sometimes foul play can be seen with Embargos for early as well. Given that gets into a lot of situations of who to trust and what to trust.

Acevil said:
Angelv577 said:

However sometimes foul play can be seen with Embargos for early as well. Given that gets into a lot of situations of who to trust and what to trust.

True but I don't see it as a common thing, releasing the embargo way early before launch and have poor score.  Maybe it's just me.