By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Pele or Maradona? Who is the king of Football?

Johan Cruijff!!!!

Around the Network

Pele.
I don't vote for crackheads.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

Lafiel said:
@ CaptainPrefrences )

what many people just don't get - England lost that game, in which Maradona used the "hand of god", 0-2 and the second goal by Maradona in that game was one of the greatest goals in football history (it was choosen as the "worldcup goal of the century" in 2002)

I think Maradona was the better footballer(technique/skill with the ball), but Pelè a better teamplayer and better leader of the team (well, Pelè in my eyes always had a better team to support him aswell).

you obviously havent atched ANY videos of pele.

what players did pele have to support him? the brazil 1958 team was basically only pele and garrincha, and santos had maybe only 1 or 2 players that were even close to pele.

what u have to remeber is, pele had to play with players literally trying to kill him, and he had to play with the rough and ugly south american pitches. he still scored over 600 goals, and you say that maradona had better technique and skill with the ball? most of those stepovers and 360 turns w/e he does are done with his LEFT foot. ask anyone, 

My list is:

1.-Pele

2.- Zinedine Zidane

3.- Johan cruyff

I won't pick maradona anyday because he used drugs to buff up his skills, what a shame.

Right now:

1.-Kaka

2.- C. Ronaldo

3.- Robinho and Messi

OK here's a Video of Pele enjoy.

^ yes ty!

thats y maradona got banned from the 94 world cup. drug enhancing skills.

i guess he realized he had to do something after he realized he didnt do shit in the 1990 world cup.

Around the Network
trestres said:
So many people hate Maradona because he was a cocaine addict. Why the hate if I may ask? Just cause he used drugs doesnt mean he wasnt a great, if not the greatest player (in my opinion). Theres too many cases of famous abusing of drugs. But in his case Cocaine wasnt an advantage, but a disadvantage if we talk sports wise.

He was introduced into the world of cocaine in Italy, and people over there ran his life. He was coming from an extremely poor family and probably had used another kind of drug during his childhood. So people telling he is a piece of shit just cause he used drugs, you are the most ignorant and stupid people alive.

Hate me for this, but I support Maradona, I'm argentinian, so I wouldnt say the contrary.

And as an opinion, Pele was a great scorer, but Maradona had much more technique and skills.

I agree and I'm not argentinian. Between Pele and Maradona, I will always choose the latter.

I think that Van Basten and Baggio were also great attacker ( exist this term ? )

However I think that it is sad that in this type of soccer contest who do not play in a role that permit to score gaols are always excluded ... I mean a player like Maldini is a living legend of soccer world.

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

celine said:
trestres said:
So many people hate Maradona because he was a cocaine addict. Why the hate if I may ask? Just cause he used drugs doesnt mean he wasnt a great, if not the greatest player (in my opinion). Theres too many cases of famous abusing of drugs. But in his case Cocaine wasnt an advantage, but a disadvantage if we talk sports wise.

He was introduced into the world of cocaine in Italy, and people over there ran his life. He was coming from an extremely poor family and probably had used another kind of drug during his childhood. So people telling he is a piece of shit just cause he used drugs, you are the most ignorant and stupid people alive.

Hate me for this, but I support Maradona, I'm argentinian, so I wouldnt say the contrary.

And as an opinion, Pele was a great scorer, but Maradona had much more technique and skills.

I agree and I'm not argentinian. Between Pele and Maradona, I will always choose the latter.

I think that Van Basten and Baggio were also great attacker ( exist this term ? )

However I think that it is sad that in this type of soccer contest who do not play in a role that permit to score gaols are always excluded ... I mean a player like Maldini is a living legend of soccer world.

It's because it's much harder to tell when someone like a defensive midfielder is having a great match. You don't notice when someone is good at holding the ball, making tackles, passing to other players to make runs. But you will notice lots of tricks and goals. People enjoy talking about and watching attacking football more than they like defensive football.

Yes

Pele better than Maradona? Are you guys serious? You must be using the same stuff Maradona was...

Check it, sure Maradona was one foot but he lead a team, with no relevance before to a bunch of titles in a short span. He probably score the best goal ever, and even when he became fat and past his prime, he still worked everyone in Europe big time.

Pele, well, when his career started to slide, he could not take the high level of play anymore so he skipped out in his later years and went to America to play the game. Without doubt, this was the best move of his career as most Americans are now very familiar with him but have absolutely no idea who Maradona is.

Pele was scoring goals in a league that I am fairly sure my three year old daughter could have scored in. Meanwhile, Maradona is single handedly taking a club that will never be significant (as if they really were before) to big cup titles in Europe. You know, where the big boys play?

Maradona gets a bad reputation because of his abuse of drugs and some controversial statements he has made in the past. But to deny his footballing ability as anything less than the best is confusing. Pele could never have done what Maradona did and that is what makes Maradona better.

And if you can score a blatant handball goal in a huge World Cup game like that, you deserve to be praised. It was poor officiating that allowed the play to stand. All Maradona can do from there is celebrate.

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

Maradona

Another underrated player: Jorge "Magico" Gonzales

He is from my country: El Salvador

The best football player EVER!

Some of his skills.

He made that to the FC Barcelona of Maradona

Luppien said:
Bergkamp!

Had to post that since you mentioned Bergkamp! One of the best goals I've ever seen.

And back OT, Pele definitely. I've watched WC final matches from 1958 onwards and will take that view. Maradona was a great, great player and deserves a lot of consideration, even if he is an idiot off the field and a cheat on it.

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)