By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Pele or Maradona? Who is the king of Football?

So many people hate Maradona because he was a cocaine addict. Why the hate if I may ask? Just cause he used drugs doesnt mean he wasnt a great, if not the greatest player (in my opinion). Theres too many cases of famous abusing of drugs. But in his case Cocaine wasnt an advantage, but a disadvantage if we talk sports wise.

He was introduced into the world of cocaine in Italy, and people over there ran his life. He was coming from an extremely poor family and probably had used another kind of drug during his childhood. So people telling he is a piece of shit just cause he used drugs, you are the most ignorant and stupid people alive.

Hate me for this, but I support Maradona, I'm argentinian, so I wouldnt say the contrary.

And as an opinion, Pele was a great scorer, but Maradona had much more technique and skills.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

^ wow no shit coming from an argentine

but just remember, pele came from a poor ass family as well. he cleaned shoes for a penny. he didnt end up using drugs did he?

Maradona was much more skilled and had more technique then pele. Lol

How many goals did Diego score with his right foot? his head? his chest?

He was only 1 footed,.

I think I have to go with Favre or one of the Manning brothers.

Bladeneo said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
Neither - lol. George Best was the greatest footballer of all time. George Best was the greatest Manchester United player of all time - shame he passed away two years ago.
Pele = second best player of all time.

Hmm its tough, Cantona will always be up there in my list of best united players, rivalling best definately.

C. Ronaldo will give best's legacy a run for its money. 

^^ Awesome player

Top 3 players for me:

1) Pele

2) Maradona

3) Eusebio 

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

CaptainPrefrences said:
^ wow no shit coming from an argentine

but just remember, pele came from a poor ass family as well. he cleaned shoes for a penny. he didnt end up using drugs did he?

Maradona was much more skilled and had more technique then pele. Lol

How many goals did Diego score with his right foot? his head? his chest?

He was only 1 footed,.

Then wow you sure are an expert in football, seems you havent seen any match Maradona has played.

IM not talking about scoring a large amount of goals, Im talking about the moment of definition, the free kicks, the play behind the goals, the kind of passes he could make and how he took a team that never stood a chance and will never stand one, I talk about Napoli, to win several competitions.

And Maradona scored with his right foot, left foot, chest, head even his hand.

He scored more than 300 goals, if thats too little for you, then you shouldnt be taken seriously.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

Pele...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

havent seen any matches hes played but ive sure seen highlights.

yes he had good free kicks passing etc etc, but you obviously havent seen pele play. search him up on you tube. go to the link in my op. if you say diego had the better this and that and never looked at pele then you are the most ignorant person ive ever seen.

lol diego scored a HANDFUL of goals with his right foot chest and head. out of all the vids i see of him its all left footed goallasos. yes he scored with his hand, and that goes to show you the desperation and how far he will go to win a match.

he migh tve scored 300 goals, but pele almost quadruples thta amount. and dont even say "its cuz he played in the 50's 60's" players were shit back then". he was playing with players of his calibur and since there were no red or yellow cards back then, players used to try and break his legs , but he still dribbled by them even with the terrible conditions of south american pitches back then. just watch this video http://youtube.com/watch?v=rKI6-6NqmoA.

I ve seen Peles videos before, dont worry. I still dont think he was a better player overall. Opinions may vary. I stick with Maradona, you can go with Pele if thats your choice, I couldnt care less.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
.......................Theres too many cases of famous abusing of drugs. But in his case Cocaine wasnt an advantage, but a disadvantage if we talk sports wise.

That's why i had to correct CaptainPrefrences in the previous post

He used ephedrine, which ENHANCE his performance, gave him an advantage

it just like I use cheat code to beat Super Mario, you wont consider i'm the king of gamer

Anyway, i doubt how many of you actually watched Pele play a full match?
if not, how can you make a judgement