By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo fans, what was your first console of theirs?

?

NES 83 41.92%

SNES 33 16.67%

N64 41 20.71%

GCN 20 10.10%

Wii 17 8.59%

Wii U 4 2.02%

Total:198
Cloudman said:
Started with the NES and grew up with Nintendo. I got to see the games evolve from 8 bit to 16 bit to 3D to smoothing out those models. They blew my mind with each jump... x )

Yeah, as someone who started on the SNES, seeing games advance into 3D, then into complex 3D, then into motion controls was truly amazing.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Cloudman said:
Started with the NES and grew up with Nintendo. I got to see the games evolve from 8 bit to 16 bit to 3D to smoothing out those models. They blew my mind with each jump... x )

Yeah, as someone who started on the SNES, seeing games advance into 3D, then into complex 3D, then into motion controls was truly amazing.

Yeah, for me, it was great seeing Super Mario World for the first time with all those colors, then to Mario 64 and being able to move in all directions, to the smoothness of Luigi's Mansion, to making miis and playing Wii Sports with all my friends, gamers and non-gamers alike, to now... Which I guess has been the lowest point... : ( At least before the Wii U things were pretty great.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

N64 with Mario Kart 64 and Mario 64

Cloudman said:
curl-6 said:
Cloudman said:

Yeah, for me, it was great seeing Super Mario World for the first time with all those colors, then to Mario 64 and being able to move in all directions, to the smoothness of Luigi's Mansion, to making miis and playing Wii Sports with all my friends, gamers and non-gamers alike, to now... Which I guess has been the lowest point... : ( At least before the Wii U things were pretty great.

Yeah, the Wii U has been a much less exciting progression sadly. Prettier graphics, step backwards in control.

The SNES was the first console I owned but I gamed extensively on the NES for a couple of years before that.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Cloudman said:
curl-6 said:
Cloudman said:

Yeah, the Wii U has been a much less exciting progression sadly. Prettier graphics, step backwards in control.

When it was first revealed, I was fairly excited for the potential the gamepad had for new ways of playing, but now I am disappointed that hardly anything came out of it... : ( I thought some really creative games could have come out of it, but sadly, not...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

SNES was my first gaming system. I'm glad it was because it's probably my all time favorite system (although GC comes somewhat close). So many great games that still hold up today.

Spending warm summer days indoors   

Writing frightening verse

To a buck-toothed girl in Luxembourg

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, WiiU, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS, Mega Drive, Game Gear, PS1, PS2, PSP, XBOX 360, Atari Lynx

NES - Never got to play

SNES - Used to play at a kids house down the street

N64 - Never played

Gamecube - Played at a friends brother in laws house, fell in love with the system, played on friday nights, MK Double Dash, Super Monkey Ball, bit of Melee, that system rekindled my love for gaming, i nearly bought one to replace PS2, but by time had any money the Revolution had been announced so held off.

Wii - My first official Nintendo system, loved the motion controls and some great memories on this system.

WiiU - I love my WiiU and will be a system i will play well into the future.

NES was my first Nintendo console

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Handheld: gameboy pocket
Console: gamcube