By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should we rename VGchartz?

So I stop by every once and a while to see if the numbers have been updated... Nope, not this week. let's see what the blogs have to say.  Blah, blah Xbox doomed, blah, blah.   

So since this site no longer publishes numbers and seems to not give any answers accept  for here say or anecdotal evidence of what the f' is really going on...

This site should no longer be called Vgchartz. 

Rather it be VGBlogs or better yet PSVGBLOGS. Video game blogs or Playstation Video game blogs.

So can we just leave a email below for a update when or if this site ever decides that the chartz in it's name is relevant. This has got rather pathetic. So you're telling me only one person on this site can handle the math of the formula and there for it rises and falls with them? WOW....

Ok my rant is over. I will be back in 2 weeks and hope this nightmare is over.

User has been moderated for this post.

- Shinobi-san

Around the Network

Well to be fair it's not called VGWeekly/Bi-Weekly/etc.Chartz The chartz just implies it has sales numbers, not how relevant they are.

But yeah, I agree, the main attraction is/was the often given numbers but sometimes stuff comes up. Not defending ioi but in my own personal experience of having ownership to (a 50,000+ fan base in my case) things do come up causing slower news and updates and stuff. But in my case I got some staff, taught them how to do the job and then they did some of the work for me, ioi seems to be the sole producer of the numbers which will hinder things for sure XD I'm rambling at this point but what I was trying to say was: Yeah, it's been slow but life does get in the way sometimes.

But everyone here is just as frustrated. Hopefully he'll update soon, but for now it's best to be patient. Hopefully they'll be updated when you return.

I've got it.

It can be renamed after me.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

mZuzek said:
StarOcean said:
Well to be fair it's not called VGWeekly/Bi-Weekly/etc.Chartz The chartz just implies it has sales numbers, not how relevant they are.

But yeah, I agree, the main attraction is/was the often given numbers but sometimes stuff comes up. Not defending ioi but in my own personal experience of having ownership to (a 50,000+ fan base in my case) things do come up causing slower news and updates and stuff. But in my case I got some staff, taught them how to do the job and then they did some of the work for me, ioi seems to be the sole producer of the numbers which will hinder things for sure XD I'm rambling at this point but what I was trying to say was: Yeah, it's been slow but life does get in the way sometimes.

But everyone he is just as frustrated. Hopefully he'll update soon, but for now it's best to be patient. Hopefully they'll be updated when you return.

There was an official thread about this, actually. ioi is not the one behind the numbers, but other than that, it is indeed slow because "life got in the way". To be honest, I don't mind a lot, since I've become more attached to the community here than the sales figures (and also from my point of view sales numbers were getting really depressing this year), but I can see why people would be annoyed.

Just have patience and please understand.

Oh he isn't? Hm figured he was XD but at least I got part of it right. But yeah I've gotten much closer to the community because of the lack of numbers too it's nice

Well, to be fair, we still get numbers and charts, but just at a lot slower pace than before.

Plus, there was a thread addressing this issue.

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

For me is VGchartz like "Video Game News Discusions"

mZuzek said:
StarOcean said:

Oh he isn't? Hm figured he was XD but at least I got part of it right. But yeah I've gotten much closer to the community because of the lack of numbers too it's nice

I didn't get closer to the community because of the lack of numbers, I already loved it here way before that. Ever since I joined the forums, sales figures were pretty much always an afterthought.

Well for me, I came here through the numbers XD so originally that was my main reason for coming, but then I read the forums and stopped being a lurker when I saw the community and saw how everyone interacted with each other. People fight/argue a lot here, but it's not ever hateful (sometimes people go too far) but as a majority rule this place is really pleasant and I really like the people here. But I didnt always post much but I've been posting a lot more now as of late, interacting more and such 

Why rename it? It's perfect as it is. It still receives numbers.

Besides, where would our satisfaction go when a website mentions "According to VGChartz..."? It wouldn't be the same as "According to Bunchanumbers (previously VGChartz)...". There would be no sense of pride anymore.

VGfap.com imo

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I think ioi is the only one with an account on random.org, so the rest if the staff is unable to compile numbers.

It is very unprofessional of any enterprise, no matter of its size, to continuously fail to provide a service or a product they are supposed to. I am paying for this website by enduring endless stream of popup ads, banners and similar to pollute my phone (thankfully my antivirus takes care of the procession of unwanted risky sites it tries to redirect me to).

Or, to paraphrase their last announcement from a couple of week s ago:
"Sorry, folks, no Big Macs today, the owner had some personal business to attend to. But he does also own a juice company, so if you would be so kind to help him pick fruit in the meantime, because he really likes his other business more than this one"