By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wow, slow week!

What are you talking about!? Everyone keeps posting that sales are high!

/sarcasm

Around the Network
MattAAron said:
kingofwale said:
PS3 is outselling xbox by 50K this week, as oppose to the normal 20-30K.

huh? right now the PS3 is outselling the 360 by 20k...certainly not 50k

Unless you were making a prediction after Japans sales which aren't in yet...but even with Japan, the past few weeks im pretty sure the PS3 has only sold 15-20k in Japan, which would bring it to 35k?

First of all.

Read the original thread post. 

Go to "news" section and read the "Japanese Preview"

Also, if you are going to follow 'past few weeks' trend, at least have the curtesy to find out what game is coming out this week (if there's a new bundled/new franchise game released) 

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

It'll be interesting to see what happens in the EU next week. The price cut doesn't take place until Friday, so there will be three days of high sales for the 360 but four days of NO sales (as people wait for the price to drop).

However, the week after is Easter, and that should be EPIC!!!

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

kingofwale said:
MattAAron said:
kingofwale said:
PS3 is outselling xbox by 50K this week, as oppose to the normal 20-30K.

huh? right now the PS3 is outselling the 360 by 20k...certainly not 50k

Unless you were making a prediction after Japans sales which aren't in yet...but even with Japan, the past few weeks im pretty sure the PS3 has only sold 15-20k in Japan, which would bring it to 35k?

First of all.

Read the original thread post. 

Go to "news" section and read the "Japanese Preview"

Also, if you are going to follow 'past few weeks' trend, at least have the curtesy to find out what game is coming out this week (if there's a new bundled/new franchise game released) 

hey kingofwale, terribly sorry about my post...I wasn't trying to 'prove you wrong', i was just confused on where your numbers were coming from, hence all the question marks as I was realy curious

Im real sorry for not looking at the Japan Preview and what new games might be coming out... I feel like a complete idiot! I sometimes tend to just skim through threads, and if I see something questionable, ill reply...I should probably stop doing that! :|

Again, truly sorry.

Hopefully the Japanese preliminary numbers will turn out to be true.. After reading the sales of Others + NA, I was concerned the ps3 would win last week.

Around the Network

Actually Chrizum could give around 130k for Xbox. It has 126k without Japan so will be very close to 130k with Japan. So the difference will be around 40k (unless hardware spike to to Yakuza release will be bigger than predicted).

Slow week? Just look at last year's numbers at this time and see if you still think this is a slow week:

http://vgchartz.com/weekly.php?date=39152
http://vgchartz.com/weekly.php?date=39145

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

both 360 and ps3 are up according to your OP, so how is this a slow week?

only wii is down and that is expected due to supply constraints...retailers and Nintendo saving up for this week's brawl launch...the wii numbers constantly yo-yo up and down and will do so until supply meets demand

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp