By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Why Are You An Atheist?

So what I want to know from you guys and especially those people here who are Atheists is why you guys are Atheists. Is it because other religions aren't precise enough when it comes to what they're saying? Is it because you outright believe other religions are wrong?.....and so on.

Disclaimer: Any people here who follow another religion will not be allowed to quote any other users who are stating why they are Atheists and telling them they are wrong. This is only here so that I and other people can learn more about Atheism and why people who are Atheists choose this "path" instead of  "paths" offered by other religions.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Around the Network

I just don't care about religion and I don't have it in me to pretend to believe things that I don't. I'm perfectly content with just living my life on my own terms.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

I was an Atheist once but then I found out about Haruhiism and now I follow that instead!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I believe in what I want to believe in.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

I was brought up in a Christian country, but no pressure from family, school, government, anywhere to follow Christianity or any religion.

I have never felt an urge to follow a religion, partly because they don't make sense to me. I admire the values of some religions though, e.g. Buddhism says we should be the stewards of the Earth. Also I look at all the suffering that religions have caused.

PS, PS2, Gameboy Advance, PS3, PSP, PS4, Xbox One

Around the Network

It's less that I dislike religion and more that I just don't really care. By all means, others can hold religious beliefs I just don't feel it'll help me live my life.

I just dont believe

It's pretty simple. I have not seen any compelling evidence to believe in a deity.

The idea of a deistic god (one who created the universe but does not intervene) is unlikely, but possible. The idea of a theistic god (one that does intervene) I find highly unlikely. The idea of of a personal god (one that is interested in human affairs) is something I am nearly positive does not exist. As for any god that has thus far been proposed by man (yaweh, allah, jesus, zeus, appolo, krishna, brahma etc.) I am as close to 100% sure they do not exist as possible (although in fairness I haven't been exposed to every single god).

I would like to correct your opening statement. I did not choose to be an atheist, any more than I chose to believe in a heliocentric solar system. It is not a choice, but an interpretation of the available evidence. It's not a choice to believe in anything. It's a matter of how your mind processes the data.

And if people would like to quote me and tell me I'm wrong, they may do so (it's fine by me, but I can't speak for the OP and mods). I'm pretty comfortable in my stance, and if anyone can actually prove a deity to me with evidence, I would welcome that.

To be honest I just don't care at all about religion, I find it irksome to have mormons or JW's popping up to my door, ignoring my signs stapled to my door and still bothering me with their religion on a weekly basis, I even get stopped now and then on my way to work by some JW's and politely I pass them up and tell them I simply do not share in their beliefs and carry on to where I'm going.

I don't mind other's believing in what they want to, as long as it doesn't harm or stop me from doing what I want in life/work towards or harm my family/friends then I'm fine with it, that said I simply do not believe in there being any sort of god, the way I see it is when we die we simply die.

I will add that I find those that do believe in their own religion and go against it's to be part of the most annoying people on the planet, I want to mention certain terrorists/groups but I'm not up for getting into such a pointless spat on here about that.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

I didn't choose to become an athiest. I was born an athiest (without any belief in a deity) and have failed to be convinced of the validity of any religion since. My family on one side a strict Roman Catholics, and on the other - as lenient as you can get protestants.