By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Konami (Or Sony???) removing uninstalled PT from PS owners library??

mornelithe said:
Angelus said:
We've had enough threads about this

I didn't see any threads regarding the PT demo being removed from peoples libraries AFTER downloading it.  If it's a duplicate, then by all means, mods please lock.  If it isn't a duplicate, your input is noted.

Really, I was able to redownload it again after deleting it.

Around the Network
mornelithe said:

N4G user johndoe11211 mentioned in the comment section that…

“This is the reality of a digital future. People who keep saying that we still don’t own our physical copies need to wake up and smell the bloody roses. WE OWN OUR PHYSICAL COPIES. If this was on a physical disk there would be NOTHING Konami could do to stop people from playing and sharing this game."

There would be NOTHING Konami could do to stop people playing a game on physical disc?

Sure they could. If they are on good terms with Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo (or Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo have no choice due to contract terms with the developer/publisher) the next firmware updates for the consoles could blacklist that game/demo. It wouldn't start on an updated console. You would have the option to not update the firmware, but that would cause problems in many other games.

They'll include code inside MGS5 that will remove P.T. installations from the hard drive, just watch.

Leaving this open for now. I can't find the other thread on it, and the one you guys are linking is locked.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Shinobi-san said:
Leaving this open for now. I can't find the other thread on it, and the one you guys are linking is locked.

lol...must remember forum rules.

Around the Network
Angelv577 said:
mornelithe said:

I didn't see any threads regarding the PT demo being removed from peoples libraries AFTER downloading it.  If it's a duplicate, then by all means, mods please lock.  If it isn't a duplicate, your input is noted.

Really, I was able to redownload it again after deleting it.

As I said in the OP, I couldn't confirm it, because I've already got it installed.

I don't get why people are so shocked by this. If it was something people had paid money for, then I'd understand...

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

I think this is the original? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=202417&page=1# in any case its not active and it is linking to a different article. Seems harmless to leave this open so I will.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Shinobi-san said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=202417&page=1

Angelus said:
Shinobi-san said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=202417&page=1

See above.