By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Konami removes P.T. from owners

I am glad I still have it.

Previously if you had owned the P.T. demo file on your PlayStation 4, you could simply go to your Library and re-download it. But as confirmed below, the file is now completely gone - even from owners of its 'digital license'.

The normal series of events surrounding digital license holders on the PSN Store - for files that have since been removed - is that they disappear from the storefront, but owners could still find them in their download list for future use.

I believe this is the first case of a file completely being removed, regardless of ownership. The only way you can now play P.T. is if the file is already installed on your PlayStation 4 system.

Source: http://crashlanded.co.uk/konami-removes-pt.php

Around the Network

R.I.P.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

I brought up the possibility that this exact thing could happen when word broke that the game was canceled and some recommended adding the demo to their download/purchase lists for future installation if they didn't own a PS4.

I went so far as to recommend leaving it installed on existing PS4s if anyone ever wanted to play P.T. again.

Ugh..

"Digital download gamers" let it be a lesson for you.

Around the Network
daredevil.shark said:

We're now just one step away from having it revoked from accounts the next time they connect to the PSN server.

mysteryman said:
daredevil.shark said:

We're now just one step away from having it revoked from accounts the next time they connect to the PSN server.

Damn. That would be worse. But as I have said this is why digital future isnt good; especially in consoles.

Back in my day demo's were distributed by discs

mysteryman said:
daredevil.shark said:

That would be more of a legal issue. 

I'm no digital media rights attorney, but I'm fairly certain a company selling or distributing its products through another company's digital distribution portal can't legally delete materials from individually owned computer systems. 

All they've done is removed their product from servers. If you have it; great. If you didn't already install it, add that to the ocean of digital products that are no longer available due to licensing issues.

Konami...