By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Konami removes P.T. from owners

The title makes it seem as if Konami erased it from their hard drives. When they actually just removed it from the servers.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Wasn't this already confirmed?

Yup, we've already had one, possibly two threads discussing this very thing.

"let us know where we are royally screwing up" Konami.

Very soon Konami will personally go to people's homes just to delete P.T on they're ps4.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

One day(though hopefully not any time doon) PS4 will get hacked. Then P.T. will be shared with the world once again. They will never be able to make it dissappear!

Around the Network

This news is more than a week old. How many threads do you need to create to get the message across that its gone?

Awful title too, makes it look like they wiped it off HDDs.

greenmedic88 said:
mysteryman said:
daredevil.shark said:
"Digital download gamers" let it be a lesson for you.

We're now just one step away from having it revoked from accounts the next time they connect to the PSN server.

That would be more of a legal issue. 

I'm no digital media rights attorney, but I'm fairly certain a company selling or distributing its products through another company's digital distribution portal can't legally delete materials from individually owned computer systems. 

All they've done is removed their product from servers. If you have it; great. If you didn't already install it, add that to the ocean of digital products that are no longer available due to licensing issues.

but they could destroy the game files with a mini patch...

daredevil.shark said:

Damn. That would be worse. But as I have said this is why digital future isnt good; especially in consoles.

Why ? Because a teaser demo to a game that will never release that was offered for free can be removed from existence because its completly pointless since the game it was teasing wont ever happen ? 

DakonBlackblade said:
daredevil.shark said:

Damn. That would be worse. But as I have said this is why digital future isnt good; especially in consoles.

Why ? Because a teaser demo to a game that will never release that was offered for free can be removed from existence because its completly pointless since the game it was teasing wont ever happen ? 

Easy dude. I am not talking about PT now. I was talking about other digital purchases in consoles.

daredevil.shark said:
DakonBlackblade said:

Easy dude. I am not talking about PT now. I was talking about other digital purchases in consoles.

Ye but youre using PT as an example, and this is the only case of something like this ever happening. I dont see this happening to a full game, specialy one that was payed for. Also this is no different from a company deciding to stop producing a games physical midia, youd never manage to purchase it again but it you had it youll still have it (wich is the same as having PT instaled on your PS4, itll stay there forever).