By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Report: Brady will be suspended by NFL; announcement coming next week

Tom Brady could be on the sideline to start the 2015 season, according to the latest report.

Gary Myers of the New York Daily News reported Friday that the New England Patriots quarterback will indeed be suspended by Roger Goodell for his role in the DeflateGate scandal. Goodell’s decision is expected to come sometime next week.

“In conversations I’ve had with several key sources who always have a good sense of what goes on at 345 Park Avenue, there is little doubt Goodell considers Brady’s role in Deflategate a serious violation,” Myers writes.

According to Myers, the Wells report that was released Wednesday provided the commissioner with enough reason to lay the hammer down on Brady. Myers wrote “the feeling” is that Brady’s refusal to give up any emails or text messages related to the investigation and the finding “it was more probable than not” he was aware of any wrongdoing, led the commissioner to hit the star with a suspension.

“The NFL is convinced, according to sources, that connecting all the dots of the evidence supplied by Wells leads to one conclusion: Brady cheated,” Myers added.

It’s unknown how many games Brady will be suspended for. There have been rumors of a year-long suspension, while a CSNNE.com report, citing sources, said the Patriots are “fearful” of a six-to-eight game suspension.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-brady-will-be-suspended-by-nfl-announcement-coming-next-week/ar-BBjshoq

Around the Network

Welp there goes a good start to the season..

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Too much bass is speculation and opinion in this report. there's still no true hard evidence that Brady did anything wrong, or played a part in the deflation of the balls. I'll just file this under needless analyzation, baseless speculation bull shit. Now onto the Saints Ravens game, if Brees wins, game he'll have beaten all 32 teams in the NFL.

this whole thing is stupid, they won the game in question by over 40 points.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Too much bass is speculation and opinion in this report. there's still no true hard evidence that Brady did anything wrong, or played a part in the deflation of the balls. I'll just file this under needless analyzation, baseless speculation bull shit. Now onto the Saints Ravens game, if Brees wins, game he'll have beaten all 32 teams in the NFL.

The NFL suspended Roethlisberger SIX games (later reduced to 4) when charges weren't even filed and it was pretty clear it was just baseless accusations.  Now it's pretty clear Brady knew or participated in something dishonest (see Brees on Conan noticing the deflated balls in a blind test) REGARDING football and he shouldn't be suspended?  Sorry but I think you're being swayed by some false image of Brady as an honest player.

I am Iron Man

Around the Network

this whole thing is stupid. Its basically a media created fire storm because they have to find something to fill the air.

I liken it to a player in baseball getting caught using a corked back. You cant REALLY prove they corked it or knew about it but logic dictates they could feel the difference in the weight of the bat. In baseball you get a 8-10 games suspension for doing that (out of a 162 game schedule) which would be like get a one game suspension in the NFL, which IMO sounds about right for something like this.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

This is some bullshit. The NFL becomes a bigger joke every year.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Ok...lock up the balls. Refs pull them out before the play. Easy solution. Brady will probably get a 4-6 game suspension. That's going to hurt a bit...but I have no doubt in my mind that he can come out in week 7-8 and light up the rest of the season. This could also be a chance for the pats to see what they have after Brady. That needs to happen sometime anyway. This could be the info they need to help them with next year's draft.

super_etecoon said:
Ok...lock up the balls. Refs pull them out before the play. Easy solution. Brady will probably get a 4-6 game suspension. That's going to hurt a bit...but I have no doubt in my mind that he can come out in week 7-8 and light up the rest of the season. This could also be a chance for the pats to see what they have after Brady. That needs to happen sometime anyway. This could be the info they need to help them with next year's draft.

they already saw that in 2008 when Castle came in after not starting since High School.  They went 11-5.  The next season with Brady they went 10-6 and got stomped in the wild card.  I think they'll be fine as long as Belicheat is there providing his *ahem* "unique strategies"

I am Iron Man

"Filed to ESPN: Tom Brady suspended four games, Pats lose 1st round pick in 2016 and a 4th in 2017, and team fined $1 million, per source:" - @AdamSchefter

Justice. I now believe in god!