By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Report: Brady will be suspended by NFL; announcement coming next week

RolStoppable said:
The only fair punishment for an offense like this would be to move the New England Patriots to the CFL for two years.

Well they're already in the AFC East, so...

Around the Network

seems a bit harsh but i'm glad the NFL isn't taking cheating lightly.

My thoughts

1. Feel like shoudl have proof before judgement versus "pretty sure". bad precident to penalize based on no proof (btw i believe he is guilty)

2. Isn't there a rule already that if you do this its a $25,000 fine. Why is he getting suspended for this when they already have rules for people doing this? Be like if all of sudden they decide speeders now spend 30 days in jail with no warning

3. It's the NFL's stupid ass fault in the first place. I mean they test the balls, then give them back to the team like 2-3 hours before the game starts, and they NEVER test the balls ever again. Not during half time, after the game, ect. This was like the only time they ever have. WTF, why give the balls back. Hold on to them until the game starts, or test them right before. It's like it was set up to cheat.

Pretty sur ethey will still make playoffs and will still do good, so whatevs.  I mean hell this year you had eveyrone on ESPN saying Tom Brady is an old hack and done for and Billicheck also needs to retire.  They ar ewashed up and dynasty over.  Then they win the super bowl, lol.  The sports casters just hate Boston, caue they are all New York.  That's why they are loving this.  Otherwise who cares.  Pretty sure an slightly deflated ball wasn't why the Colts got trounced by 40+ points.

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Too much bass is speculation and opinion in this report. there's still no true hard evidence that Brady did anything wrong, or played a part in the deflation of the balls. I'll just file this under needless analyzation, baseless speculation bull shit. Now onto the Saints Ravens game, if Brees wins, game he'll have beaten all 32 teams in the NFL.

The NFL suspended Roethlisberger SIX games (later reduced to 4) when charges weren't even filed and it was pretty clear it was just baseless accusations.  Now it's pretty clear Brady knew or participated in something dishonest (see Brees on Conan noticing the deflated balls in a blind test) REGARDING football and he shouldn't be suspended?  Sorry but I think you're being swayed by some false image of Brady as an honest player.

naw, i just don't agree with the findings in the report. i'm a football fan first, and well that's it.

to bad the Ravens Saints game isn't a regular season game.