By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EA has set their fiscal year expectations for Battlefront: 9-10 million

Nogamez said:
Is it cross gen then?

No

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Aiming high, but it's definitely possible. I'll help with my purchase
Hey, if it's good enough I may even buy it for both PS4 and Xbox One

You consider buying it without even seeing gameplay?

Ruler said:
What is EA smoking?

Reasonarijuana?

Star Wars will be everywhere this Christmas (which is why Sony having the marketing deal for Battlefront is so significant), this isn't unreasonable.

Seems reasonable. It's on three platforms and there's a movie coming out as well, which could boost the game's sales.

I find it a little optimistic given that it will have little time to make it, it will only launch in three platforms and doesn't have single player.

We'll see if it makes it or not.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
JEMC said:
I find it a little optimistic given that it will have little time to make it, it will only launch in three platforms and doesn't have single player.

We'll see if it makes it or not.

It does have 5 months to do it, 2 of which are by far the busiest months of the year for sales. So it is definitely possible, especially with the amount of hype the movie will generate for it.

It will have a lot of hype, but it will also face the competition of CoD.

Hype gives awareness, but doesn't guarantee sales.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

I'm 89.97% sure that it will be able to reach and even beat those sales expectations.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Yeah, good luck with that...

Battlefront 1 and 2 each had around 8m+ sales or so with PC/PS2/Xbox. Guess that it'll be the case with this generation as well. Probably even higher with a new generation of Star Wars fans and the anticipation of what looks like to become a great movie

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

Ruler said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Aiming high, but it's definitely possible. I'll help with my purchase
Hey, if it's good enough I may even buy it for both PS4 and Xbox One

You consider buying it without even seeing gameplay?

The same way I'd buy Final Fantasy XVI, the next Zelda, MArio Kart, Edlerscrolls, Mass Effect etc without seeing gameplay.

I mean there is really little to no chance of it turning out to be horse shit considering whose involved, at worst just dissapointing.... and it already has things that some people want (art, characters, setting, gameplay style...), for me the first 3 things are arguably the biggest attraction for any game to me. Love Zelda, couldn't be bothered with Darksiders.