By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Have You Ever Criticized A Game/ Gaming Service Without Ever Trying It?

I'm sure most of the forum has, lol.

Around the Network

Edit: Silly me, my original post was in the wrong thead.

I would have to say that I was very critical of the desing decisions of The Order: 1886, prior to its launch and post-launch. I told myself that I would never pay out of pocket to play this game. Coincidentally, I got the game from my younger brother (not as a gift, but more of a game exchange thing that we had going on for a little while). I was finally able to confirm my distaste for this game by playing it, and as it turns out, none of my opinions changed after platinuming that game. I had to thank my brother for allowing me to play it, but didn't hold back my critisizms of it.

The last Mario game I played was New Super Mario Bros. on the Wii. Since then, I'm constantly criticizing any new Mario games. Not because I think they are bad games, I'm sure they are great and all. But I'm just so bored of Mario it ain't even funny anymore. I can't see the guy anymore and sometimes, not too often, I just have to scream it out. Mario is dead to me and I can't stand that Nintendo brings like 12 Mario games (intended hyperbole) every year and let so many other IPs rot in hell for no good reason! Seriously!

But every time that happens I get serious backlash from the Nintendo crowd and one time I even got banned. ^^

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

yes, services like the 2008 MS live gold, and back then i gave my opinion based only on the terms of use. And also gave my point of view on how i could change my mind. i did say back then that games offered each month could convince me to subscribe, years later comes ps+. I'm a psychic. the only game i don't like even without trying is mario and everything related. i grow up with gaming but never owned a nintendo platform, and after 20 years, the character started to annoy me. also i find the music and sound fx from the series to be really annoying. so i do criticize without playing because i dont need to play it.

final word: i would be a lousy buyer if i don't research things before buying, and by that research i can know before buying if the thing is good or bad imo...

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Always. Mostly Xbone. It's like incestual trolling. Fucking with your own family. It doesn't make sense, but it feels sooooooo good.

I also like to pretend that I own consoles to make it seem like I'm not bias when I troll them.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network

I have and will continue to judge things based on their price without trying them. (Ie, the ludicrous early prices for PSNow, microtransactions in general, etc.) Beyond that, I'll bitch about how a game looks or sounds without playing it on occasion.