By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metal Gear Solid: The 1984 Collection is Clothes, Not a Game

Japanese publisher Konami--a regular newsmaker of late--on Tuesday announced something called Metal Gear Solid: The 1984 Collection.

The company shared the image you see below through its social channels, using the caption: "Step back into the 80's with our new MGS collection coming very soon! Stay tuned!"

Konami did not share any further information about what The 1984 Collection might be. Some fans are speculating that it could be a bundle of remastered Metal Gear Solid games, while others take the "Collection" description to suggest this is something other than a game project.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain also takes place in 1984,

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/metal-gear-solid-the-1984-collection-revealed/1100-6427092/

Around the Network

Maybe MGS4 will finally hit Xbox.

That title font looks so out of place for the series XD

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

SnakeDrake said:
That title font looks so out of place for the series XD

Yeah it's similar in style to Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon or the GTA: Vice City writing.

Very interesting indeed...it must surely be a remastered collection, right?

Guess we'll see more soon. Either way I'm looking forward to hearing more.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

The magical words "Metal Gear Solid" and "Collection" ????..........Don't care what it is....

If this is what I think this is, then man, I'm hyped!

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Metal Gear Solid: The Kojima-less Collection.

TiagoCosta said:
Maybe MGS4 will finally hit Xbox.

Even after seeing the worst sales of MGS Ground Zeroes in XB1 compared to PS4?

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

I won't buy that, because it's from Konami. Screw them. =P

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.