By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Rebooting a new reboot?!

I was just reading about YET another freaking Spiderman movie reboot! But it was just rebooted! Why did they reboot from the films with Kirsten Dunst and Tobey McGuire anyway? It's not like they were too old, and a sequel with them would have made big money like the first 3. Spiderman 4 would have been fine. 

But they rebooted it and now are rebooting it again! Screw this! I'm tired of reboots in games and movies. I will not spend a penny on this new reboot!

Around the Network

Yea I was not very happy with the last spiderman reboot so I am skipping this without a doubt...

Spoiler Alert

Uncle Ben Dies for the 100th time

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

its due to marvel getting to use the char again. plus sony was going to ruin the franchise anyways.

plus there not going to do a origin story its going to pick up after hes had his powers for a little while

I would have loved if they keep Kristen Dunst and Tobey Maguire at least for a fourth movie. I agree though that it's getting old. I'm still going to end up watching it one way or another though :P

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Just wait till he shows up in Avengers...

*throws money to marvel

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

I'm pretty Marvel said it was a soft reboot. It's a new Spider-Man but they're not doing an origin story, so Uncle Ben will already be dead.

It's because he's gonna join the Avengers.

Captain_Yuri said:
Spoiler Alert

Uncle Ben Dies for the 100th time

JESUS MAN, USE A SPOILER TAG!

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Yeah the highschool part will suck.. We need a superhot maryjane who is at least 18+

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Well, I never liked the Spider-Man trilogy, but it seemed like after 3 everyone dumped on the series and little enthusiasm for a 4th entry.

Sony would not have rebooted so quickly except contract was if they didn't do anything with the character for a set time Marvel regained rights (this happened with Daredevil and Punisher for example). Sony saw all that Marvel money and wanted their own universe with Sinister Six and Venom.

I have no idea if that is still happening, but Marvel had massive success and wanted their biggest hero back for Avengers 3. So Sony and Marvel worked out a deal for Spider-Man to be in Marvel films. They didn't want it to be Amazing Spider-Man as be a bit confusing, so yes it will be a soft reboot akin to Ang Lee Hulk to Incredible Hulk.

Spider-Man has been handled poorly, I have yet to really like a film based on my favorite hero, but I hopeful that finally someone gets it right.