By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What if Animal Crossing Wii U is Nintendo's big 2015 Amiibo holiday title AND their next BIG crossover game?

Tagged games:

That would be cool as long as the base game can still be traditional Animal Crossing without any amiibo necessary.

In fact, that might be the best use of amiibo yet.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network

We can debate about the specifics of the game as much as we want but one thing I know. The general concept of Animal Crossing x Amiibo is a great idea and I will not be disappointed if that's Nintendo's big amiibo game. It hardly fits the void filled by Zelda, but in fairness my hours on such a game would probably be larger than Zelda!

Happy Home Designer is already the AC + Amiibo thing for this holiday. Obviously not what we want, but eh!

mZuzek said:
what is this
i don't even

Sorry, I didn't know the amiibo picture logo at the end was broken the whole time. It's fixed now!

Unless you're confused about something else xD

Platina said:

This sounds a bit far fetched, but interesting indeed! 

But if they make Pokemon Amiibo, then that would be a nightmare for collectors :P

Too small and cheap ($4)?

Around the Network

AMAZING!!!!!!

I love the idea... maybe not a permanent save... just a face change until you save!

Switch!!!

it would not surprise me if it happened, it would make me sad though as i simply cannot see the appeal of animal crossing.

What we would happen if you scanned the Villager Amiibo???

Have a nice day...

I really thought in a disney infinity like game.

Starting with only mii's and the island to play with and free construct the world. Its a game by itself, but with mii theme only.

But by touching amiibos, you earn the characters and themes of corresponding world.

I like, scratch that, LOVE the idea in principle, but disagree about the execution.

Scanning an amiibo should add that character into your village. Maybe unlock a single piece of furniture/clothing.

IE. you scan Samus, she moves into your village, give you a Metroid lava lamp.

Otherwise it's a straight-up Animal Crossing game.

(The villager figure should be a special furniture set or something, to make up for not scanning in a character.)

IMO, that, coupled with Miiverse, and better internet connectivity should be enough for them to do something new with it on Wii U.