By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - God Of War Vs. Ninja Gaiden Vs DMC

Which do you feel is better?  Here is my breakdown:

Ninja Gaiden:

Gameplay: 9.5/10

- The blood and gore it dont get much better

- Addicting as hell

- Challanging, at times this can piss you off 

- Combos and movement make you feel like you are a ninja!

Story: 9/10

- Dont think I need to explain

Graphics: 10/10

- Best graphics on xbox in my mind in terms of frame rate, cinematics etc.

God of War:

Gameplay: 8.5/10

- Level up combos and weapons

- Shenmue like sequences are fun to play

- Good combos but not on par with NG however I like the string combos and stand alone ones if this makes sense to anyone

Story: 9/10

- Dont think I need to explain

Graphics: 9/10 

- Good but there is better on the PS2

- PSP graphics are great

Devil May Cry:

Gameplay Score: 8.5

- Can get lost and camera does piss you off at times

- Great combos, juggling etc

- Gun and sword is by far the best combination for ranged and melee weapons

Story: 8/10

- Was good but repeatitive

- Series is getting old

Graphics: 9.5/10

- Next gen graphics (havent seen NGII or GOW yet) 

Around the Network

God of War got the lowest graphics points?? Anyway God of War is  much better than other two. (opinion)

Ninja Gaiden.

Need people to play online with me for Brawl.
4382-1731-1511.

Name is DROAK.  

I figured GOW 2 was the pinnacle of PS2 Graphics.

edit Im an idiot you are talking about COO.....right? 

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

I cant see Ninja Gaiden being better than GOW. GOW is easily a 9.5 or up in my book. The gameplay is a 10.

But I havent played Gaiden on the Xbox, only on the PS3. I would say that one was about a 9. GOW I or II were better though.

Around the Network

I can't agree with what you said about GOW's graphics, their easily the best on Playstation 2. But, out of the 3 I'd have to say I enjoyed Ninja Gaiden the most.

08' Year End Predictions

Wii: 46 Million
Xbox 360:
26 Million

PS3: 22 Million

Sale Predictions:

Gears Of War 2 - 7 Million
Fable 2 - 3 Million
Left 4 Dead - 1.5 Million
Infinite Undiscovery - 700k
Tales Of Vesperia - 550k
The Last Remnant - 700k
Ninja Gaiden - 800k LTD [?] On its way.
Banjo-Kazooie N&B - 2 Million
Lost Odyssey - 500k LTD [X] surpassed
Too Human - 1.4 Million

God of War Series: Great
DMC Series: Stylish
Ninja Gaiden Series: Garbage >_>

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

God of War is by far the best of the 3.

NGS is great too, I'm not as much of a fan of DMC, but it is a very good game.

GOW
NGS
DMC

I also find it really funny we are comparing GOW when it hasn't even had an installment on a next gen console, thats how good that game is. GOW 3 is going to be awesome.

Well according to metacritic the best series is god of war.

mM

GOW > DMC > NG

God Of War did it all the best as far as I'm concerned. The focus on platforming and puzzle-solving really helped to make the game challenging without forcing gamers through continuous episodes of unnecessary hassle. As for the combat, while a lot of Kratos' attacks and abilities are indeed rather broken, it still remains a fun challenge, especially since the platforming and puzzle solving are so well implemented into the combat so that it's not always repetitive hack&slash. All of this plus the way the story really drives the game makes it all so seemless.

Ninja Gaiden is my least preferred of the three. I hear many people claim that it's the best because of the combat, but in reality, it wasn't that hard. The combat has a steeper learning curve than the other two, but once you get the hang of it, it's cruise control from then on. The game can be beaten using all of three moves. It seems to me that Tecmo couldn't figure out how to make it "hard" and instead decided to do things like remove save points and check points and make you start levels all over. There is a difference between an exciting challenge and a tedious ordeal, and this line is crossed very often in NG.

Consoles owned: Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, PSP, DS, PS3