By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which game will sell better, Splatoon or Xenoblade Chronicles X?

Add Poll: Which game will sell better, Splatoon or Xenoblade Chronicles X?

Splatoon. 380 52.85%

Xenoblade Chronicles X. 258 35.88%

Tie. 37 5.15%

Neither. People is saving... 44 6.12%

Total:719
garywood said:

I'm guessing Splatoon will hit about 1.7-2 million and Xenoblade will just hit around 1-1.2 million.

Splatoon is already more than 1.1 mln. So LT will likely be 2.5-3 millions. 
And on Xenoblade... Original sold around 0.9 mlns on Wii. With a 100 mln installbase. I'm just amazed to know on what based the predictions of more then one million sales of X on WiiU with its install base of 10 times less...

Around the Network
garywood said:

I'm guessing Splatoon will hit about 1.7-2 million and Xenoblade will just hit around 1-1.2 million.

What!?

1.7 million!?

Seriusly... Splatoon worst scenario is absolutely 2 million, and is a pretty pessimist prediction.

It will end at 3 million to 4 million most likely, let's say 3.5 million.

Nintendo japanese gamers are already in favor of Splatoon. XCX has normal sales there. Over the west, which is delayed, i think it would get a big boost by December, but Splatoon would edge it out.

Sharu said:
garywood said:

And on Xenoblade... Original sold around 0.9 mlns on Wii. With a 100 mln installbase. I'm just amazed to know on what based the predictions of more then one million sales of X on WiiU with its install base of 10 times less...

I think X is going to outsell the original despite the much lower install base. Don't know why exactly, but it just seems like people are more hyped for that game. 

ihatefatkatz said:
Splatoon gets my vote.

HAHAHAHA

Around the Network
Sharu said:
garywood said:

The Wii's install base was pretty dead by 2012.  All good will for the Wii in the general gaming population had long since died.  And Xenoblade was headed for 1mil but literally couldn't hit it due to the limited printing.  And the game was exclusive to GameStop.  And the game had no marketing and not even any worthwhile hype-building in directs (its localization announcement took a back seat to The Last Story).  The original Xenoblade was practically stealth launched, sent out to die on a dying platform in its final months.  And the limited printing ensured it could never sell but so well.  Xenoblade Chronicles X has had coverage in a lot of directs, has no exclusivity, benefits from the original's good word of mouth, and there's no indication of it getting such a limited run.  It's got a good shot at beating the original Xenoblade.  If it gets some pretty good marketing and maybe a limited edition bundle for the holidays, I think that will seal the deal.

Mummelmann said:
I require a towel to wipe the egg off my face. And I'm pretty sure I heard Tbone rustling around in my kitchen last night, prolly cooking up some delicious crow. I'll have mine with ketchup, makes it a tad easier to swallow, crow actually ain't half bad!

See people, this is how you receive your crow in a good way. ;)

Others are still in denial about it, it seems. :p

Honestly, I never understood the people who said Splatoon had no appeal.

Sharu said:
garywood said:

Install base means nothing for games like that. Just look at the sales of Metroid Prime 1 vs. Metroid Prime 3.

I voted Splatoon just now so do I get a cookie for being right?

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Depends how heavily Nintendo chooses to market XCX.. They nailed Splatoon so hard, they should do the same with XCX; however, XCX s not made by Nintendo so it's unlikely.

It will still sell decently. It'll be coming out later this year near holidays so that will give plenty of time for Nintendo to dish out extra content for people to see, although most consumers have probably heard of XCX.