By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - BraLoD catching up with the classics: Final Fantasy 9 (finished)

Tagged games:

BraLoD said:
ZODIARKrebirth said:
For me it wasn't the best ff they made, and if the most people say it was ffvii and a remake would be great, i must say the best part was ffvi, best story ever, will never forget that game. It was amazing, and when finished i hoped it will still continue...

Always heard 6 has the best story, hope it's true as I hold a high expectation from it already xD

Absolutly, a game that you never will forget, for me the best ff game 

Around the Network

Final Fantasy IX is the best Final Fantasy by miles. Pity it is all downhill from there, given PS2 era weren't horrible, just not amazing in my eyes.

BraLoD said:
StarOcean said:
I'm glad you liked it. While I, myself, couldn't get into I was say aesthetically it is very beautiful, especially for a PS1 game. And though I didn't like the music as much as VII or X, it, hands down, has the best enemy encounter theme in the entire series.

9 or 10 has the best encounter theme?

9 for sure. 10 is good too, but it is a lot less impactful. Though the Remaster makes it slightly more frantic, but I still feel 9 beats it with that theme. No FF game has beaten 9 in that aspect for sure.

BraLoD said:
sc94597 said:

Nice review! FFIX is my second favorite Final Fantasy, and it is by far the best on the PlayStation 1. It is amazing that SE could make this game after making VIII. I kind of feel as if they got a hang of the cinematics and then asked themselves, "how can we put more substance in this game now? Having stellar cinematics is not enough."

Which is you favorite?

Final Fantasy VI 

A masterpiece indeed and easily the best of the ps1 era (i.e. ff's alleged glory days). Only 2nd to XII for me, but no other game in the series defines Final Fantasy like 9 does.

Around the Network
Hiku said:
StarOcean said:

9 for sure. 10 is good too, but it is a lot less impactful. Though the Remaster makes it slightly more frantic, but I still feel 9 beats it with that theme. No FF game has beaten 9 in that aspect for sure.

Hmm, that's a tough one. I think FF9's battle theme has a stronger beginning, while FFX has a more memorable "main chorus": https://youtu.be/C34BzC7rnos?t=46
I'll probably go with FFX as my fav of the two, but it's pretty close. Only problem with FFX's theme for me is the first few seconds that you get tired of hearing so much. lol

Good choice. Best rpg I've ever played.

Well I also feel like 10 does overall "feel" better and definitely has a more memorable main chorus, but heres my problem: I believe in FF the beginning of the battle theme is the most important part to nail because once you get to a high enough level you're never going to hear the mid/end half of the battle theme. At least for me, during battles I don't usually hear the whole theme more than maybe a handful of times the entire game, and 10 has a pretty slow start compared to 9's more energized beginning.

9>10 in terms of main battle theme. However Challenge, Fight with Seymour, Enemy Attack and Otherworld are top notch and IMO beat 9's boss themes

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Hiku said:
StarOcean said:
Hiku said:
StarOcean said:

Hmm, that's a tough one. I think FF9's battle theme has a stronger beginning, while FFX has a more memorable "main chorus": https://youtu.be/C34BzC7rnos?t=46
I'll probably go with FFX as my fav of the two, but it's pretty close. Only problem with FFX's theme for me is the first few seconds that you get tired of hearing so much. lol

Good choice. Best rpg I've ever played.

Well I also feel like 10 does overall "feel" better and definitely has a more memorable main chorus, but heres my problem: I believe in FF the beginning of the battle theme is the most important part to nail because once you get to a high enough level you're never going to hear the mid/end half of the battle theme. At least for me, during battles I don't usually hear the whole theme more than maybe a handful of times the entire game, and 10 has a pretty slow start compared to 9's more energized beginning.

That might explain why I started hating FFX's battle theme a while after playing the game. Because whenever I think back on it, I think of the beginning part and how often I heard it. But when I listen to its entierty, I remember how good it really was, and the feelings and memories I associate with it and FFX.
Though at the end of the game there were those tough enemies in the monster taming facility, so at least there you'd hear the full theme. lol

That's a good point XD But they're both really great in their own right. Thankfully 10 is very close to my fave FF battle theme. 

I loved 9. Maybe more than 7 (don't shoot).

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

ReimTime said:
9>10 in terms of main battle theme. However Challenge, Fight with Seymour, Enemy Attack and Otherworld are top notch and IMO beat 9's boss themes

The 10 boss themes were much better than 9's generally speaking XD 9 has pretty good music but they probably have some of the weaker boss themes for whatever reason, at least in my opinion.