By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The Official VGC Tutorial Thread!

AbbathTheGrim said:
ReimTime said:
Hey Abbath maybe I can help. For whatever reason the code for embedding media, emoticons and clickable links only works on original wall posts and not comments on said wall post. If you are talking about in an original wall post then all you have to do is copy and paste the URL. If you are talking about embedding a link within a sentence then I could look into that. But none will work in comments

Thanks for helping out. :)

Yes, I was looking for a way to post URL links in wall comments and make them accessible by a click instead of people having to copy-paste the URL in their browser or any other tricky method that can be used.

I was looking for a click on the link and go to the URL page linked method for wall comments.

If I understand you correctly then that is not possible, right?

Because all attempts resulted in me linking myself here is a screenshot. I was trolled by code again

*edit* suspend the OP post about this Yuri wall-post comments are being a real dick right now

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Around the Network
ReimTime said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
ReimTime said:
Hey Abbath maybe I can help. For whatever reason the code for embedding media, emoticons and clickable links only works on original wall posts and not comments on said wall post. If you are talking about in an original wall post then all you have to do is copy and paste the URL. If you are talking about embedding a link within a sentence then I could look into that. But none will work in comments

Thanks for helping out. :)

Yes, I was looking for a way to post URL links in wall comments and make them accessible by a click instead of people having to copy-paste the URL in their browser or any other tricky method that can be used.

I was looking for a click on the link and go to the URL page linked method for wall comments.

If I understand you correctly then that is not possible, right?

Disregard previous statement it actually works lol I'l edit this with steps quickly

*edit*

Srry I coded myself there. Here goes:

I hope you can see the code I put down there and it didn't hyperlink itself. If you can see it ps add to OP Yuri

Dude, it worked! Thanks.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

ReimTime said:

Disregard previous statement it actually works lol I'l edit this with steps quickly

*edit*

I hope you can see the code I put down there and it didn't hyperlink itself. If you can see it ps add to OP Yuri

My bad for double posting but when you refresh the wall it goes back to text. I think it works once and then stops hyperlinking.

AbbathTheGrim said:
ReimTime said:

*edit*

My bad for double posting but when you refresh the wall it goes back to text. I think it works once and then stops hyperlinking.

You're right it does. Well that's stupid. I guess I'll play around with FireBug maybe I can figure it out

#1 Amb-ass-ador

ReimTime said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

You're right it does. Well that's stupid. I guess I'll play around with FireBug maybe I can figure it out

I sense a plot from this website to troll it's users.

Around the Network
AbbathTheGrim said:
ReimTime said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

I sense a plot from this website to troll it's users.

You're not far off; it appears that the code actually rewrites itself to delete the link upon page refresh. LOL I'm going to need to go for back-up here

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Ok so here is the issue if anyone wants to put their brain to the test.

Originally using the tags in a wall post comment will create a hyperlink, in which case the code of the link will read as your typical tag stuff. However, once the page has been refreshed the hyperlink will be replaced by simple text, and inspecting the text's element reveals the following code:

Anyone know why it is doing this and how to remedy it? I will be notifying Trucks and Tachi. It is the "delete_post_link" and deleting the child relationship to the parent object that I am wondering about.

#1 Amb-ass-ador

AbbathTheGrim said:
Thanks for nothing.

Sorry about that, the reason I didn't respond is because I haven't tested a for sure method that would work :/

As you may have realized, any coding you want to do is HTML-5 coding, which works for both walls and threads. However, walls are a bit weird so even if it works in thread, it doesn't always work on user's walls... since my knowledge of this is really basic, it requires trial and error for me to figure what works D:

as Reim pointed out, the <a href=> is what you need to link things on a wall.. but it doesn't work out properly.

If you check out on my profile, the text is hyperlinked, but clicking it does not redirect you... Instead, if you click on my status update (right of my name) it will then redirect you to the webpage.

May have to address this issue to Trucks to figure out how to make it work.

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Platina said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
Thanks for nothing.

Sorry about that, the reason I didn't respond is because I haven't tested a for sure method that would work :/

As you may have realized, any coding you want to do is HTML-5 coding, which works for both walls and threads. However, walls are a bit weird so even if it works in thread, it doesn't always work on user's walls... since my knowledge of this is really basic, it requires trial and error for me to figure what works D:

as Reim pointed out, the is what you need to link things on a wall.. but it doesn't work out properly.

If you check out on my profile, the text is hyperlinked, but clicking it does not redirect you... Instead, if you click on my status update (right of my name) it will then redirect you to the webpage.

May have to address this issue to Trucks to figure out how to make it work.

Thanks Platina, I followed your explanation and I get what you mean. It would be a nice feature to have in users' walls so I am hopefull.

Well, if you wanna satay here, learm from my last account, Nintentacle.

Can't wait for The Zelder Scrolls 3: Breath of The Wild Hunt!