By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PC Gamers: Second Class Citizens??

One of those threads that beg the question with a slightly inflamatory title.

Nonetheless, this seems to have been the case for quite a while.

Ubisoft

EA

I mean...GTA V though.

Especially this generation, PC seems to be an afterthought, despite some devs and pubs claiming otherwise. 

Hell, even Valve tried to suck out money from a 4 year old game under the pretense of "reviving the mod community", which was not only doing well beforehand, but wounded afterward.

PC to console ports get priority, while Console to PC gets a hamfisted approach.

What do you think, discuss and stuff?

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network

The Indie scene would disagree with you =P

the average PC game buyer seems to pay less per copy than the average console game buyer, which is why companies seem to prefer the later, especially as PC gamers aren't known to buy in far higher quantities than console gamers - only in the indie space that seems to be the case

It does look and feel that way sometimes. Though it's better than how PC gamers were treated in previous gens.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Not in my opinion; I don't give a damn about Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed or most of the biggest mainstream franchises today and the PC gets a lot of exclusives that are fantastic.
Overall, the sheer output of PC games ensures a huge number of quality titles every year.
Seeing the franchise milking, DLC craze, rehashed concepts, buggy games and overall shallow nature of most mainstream console games; I'm thinking it's almost the other way around, I feel like developers and publishers are treating me with more respect than most console owners at times.

Around the Network

AAA games - somewhat. Other than that, I feel quite the opposite.

Neh, to a degree sure but PC also seems to get benefits that other consoles don't seem to get as well. Like PC is getting No Man's Sky and SFV from Playstation Camp + Fable and Dead Rising 3 from Xbox camp as well as other games. It is also getting games like MGS which have skipped PC for quite a while with better graphics and are even getting jrpgs that have never been on PC before with higher res and fps and etc

So I guess with PC games, the publisher's priority isn't as high because the games will always release on console first and then on PC or release on both but PC version might have some optimization issues initially but the reward for PCs is better graphics/frame rate and mod support and etc so I suppose it is second class to a degree but not by very much imo

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Why wouldn't they be if they refuse to pay more money? Don't expect to sit business class if you pay coach money.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I'll address the elephant in the room.

Name a ps4, wiiu or Xbox one game you can play on the console pirated?

Now, name a PC game you can't...

Console Master Race?

Nah, doesn't have the same ring to it.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread