By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Anime - Dragon Ball Is Getting Its First New TV Anime in 18 Years

Can't wait!

Around the Network
McDonaldsGuy said:
Since Akira Toriyama is heavily involved this is going to be canon.

The English dub isn't even necessary. The Japanese dub is so superior it's not even funny. The English dub can be outright cringeworthy at times.

Everything in the japanesse version is superior even the soundtrack.

nnnnnnnn I can't believe it, color me pretty excited, I loved DB/DBZ, I grew up with them

YAAAAS now we can pretend like GT never happened :D

So is this taking place right after the Buu Saga or after the 2 movies, because I think the movies are canon.

Around the Network
ktay95 said:
After that rather average movie I will keep my hype in check. Maybe the new movie will be better and get me hyped up for this.

I heard the second movie has way more fighting scenes than the first one, which was its main complaint from what I heard.

Ka-pi96 said:
Sounds good. Just hope it doesn't require you to have watched the previous one to get in to it.

just watch the original series. what is the point of watching the new series still have the older content to watch. Most of the Sagas from DBZ were very good to great. You could find an episode guide that tells you which episodes are filler (pointless to the bigger story, but do add some charm to the series) if you want to save a little time.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

KingdomHeartsFan said:
ktay95 said:
After that rather average movie I will keep my hype in check. Maybe the new movie will be better and get me hyped up for this.

I heard the second movie has way more fighting scenes than the first one, which was its main complaint from what I heard.

Well thats cool, my main complaint was actually how shitty the "bad" guy was. Like he was supposed to be the most powerful guy Goku has ever faced and yet I never even fealt like the world was under any threat. Seeing as we are going back to Frieza I think we'll be good this time round.

Aw shit. I am just starting Dragon Ball as it is v.v 17 episodes in T.T I'll be an old man before I finish it all at my rate

ktay95 said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
ktay95 said:

Well thats cool, my main complaint was actually how shitty the "bad" guy was. Like he was supposed to be the most powerful guy Goku has ever faced and yet I never even fealt like the world was under any threat. Seeing as we are going back to Frieza I think we'll be good this time round.

Beerus wasn't really a bad guy though. He's more like an anti-hero, and I'm certain he's going to team up with Goku and Vegeta in the new anime series. BoG was more of an introduction for new characters, new universes and a new form that will be the basis for the later movies and anime series.