By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pay for steam mods gone

Captain_Yuri said:
daredevil.shark said:
Captain_Yuri said:

And why do you have an issue with me praising him? People Praise Shuhei Yoshida/Kaz for PS and Phin Spencer for xbox when they do an 180 on something yet I can't praise gabe when he does a 180 on something? Specially this fast? Your attempts PC downplaying is laughable considering your posts in the past

No one is downplaying PC but it seems truth is bitter; as always.

There isn't really much of a so called "truth" here... Everyone knows that the leaders of these companies only think about the money first so what was the point of you quoting me apart from trying to take jabs at PC gaming which is proven by your history of posts unless you really wanted to state the obvious?

I think he means the "Lord Gaben" jokes are getting out of hand and I have to agree. They kind of are.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Around the Network
alternine said:
Captain_Yuri said:

There isn't really much of a so called "truth" here... Everyone knows that the leaders of these companies only think about the money first so what was the point of you quoting me apart from trying to take jabs at PC gaming which is proven by your history of posts unless you really wanted to state the obvious?

I think he means the "Lord Gaben" jokes are getting out of hand and I have to agree. They kind of are.

There aren't even that many PC gamers in vgc to even do those kinds of jokes frequently... How are they even getting out of hand?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:
alternine said:
Captain_Yuri said:

There aren't even that many PC gamers in vgc to even do those kinds of jokes frequently... How are they even getting out of hand?

Well I mean the Internet in general.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

alternine said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Well I mean the Internet in general.

I could swear this was vgc and not places like reddit/youtube (or where ever you are referring to). If he has issues with Gaben jokes in those sites because they do it too much, he should go to those sites and tell them. Not try to ruin other people's fun in vgc when vgc bearly even has a PC fanbase and stuff like that are far and inbetween...

Just because places like reddit does it doesn't mean vgc does it as well... Specially with PC gaming

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

alternine said:

To be fair, it is just a joke and I don't think such celebrations are inappropriate in a thread like this.

Around the Network
Leadified said:
alternine said:

To be fair, it is just a joke and I don't think such celebrations are inappropriate in a thread like this.

Yeah I understand. I personally just don't think there should be worship of corporate CEO's. Whether if its in a joking matter or not. Just gives off the wrong vibe to me.

- Max Payne 3

As for the argument above, I would avoid making personal digs or comments towards each other. A few of the posts have come off as flamebait directed towards the other side and it's beginning to pass over the borderline.

Leadified said:
As for the argument above, I would avoid making personal digs or comments towards each other. A few of the posts are starting to come off as flamebait directed towards the other side and it's starting to pass over the borderline.

Thanks.

Azerth said:
so were people upset with just the fact that some mods wouldnt be free or just that steam and Bethesda were taking a bigger cut

I think the primary tl:dr of this is why should I pay money for something someone else has put a lot of work, time and effort into when I already paid $3.00 for the game in a steam sale!?

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Yay!