By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pay for steam mods gone

daredevil.shark said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Welp that didn't last long... All hail lord Gaben!

Isn't he responsible for this in the first place. Or is it jest comment? People really dont get what is happening; do they?

He is but he also owned up to his mistake and listened to the fans and stopped it while giving a full refund to anyone that purchased the mods which is certainly better than not doing anything about it...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:

He is but he also owned up to his mistake and listened to the fans and stopped it while giving a full refund to anyone that purchased the mods which is certainly better than not doing anything about it...

That bolded part can be interpreted differently. He listented to fans or he got scared with the uproar. Gabe isnt a saint. He isnt doing steam business for charity. Money talks and he is doing what others are doing.

BTW a funny video (yet shows the anger of PC community).

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0bF7ASKdwo

It proves we were right

daredevil.shark said:
Captain_Yuri said:

That bolded part can be interpreted differently. He listented to fans or he got scared with the uproar. Gabe isnt a saint. He isnt doing steam business for charity. Money talks and he is doing what others are doing.

BTW a funny video (yet shows the anger of PC community).

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0bF7ASKdwo

Captain obvious is obvious... Of course he is doing it for money... No one says or said otherwize... But that doesn't mean credit shouldn't be given where credit is due. Sure, there is an uproar but that doesn't mean that he couldn't have left it for a few more weeks or months and see how it went but instead, he removed it very fast. Its not like Steam Workshop is the only way to get mods either, you can get the mods via the mod's offcial site and its for free and it is very easy to install and get it working so it really isn't like he couldn't have left it for longer... He lost money by not only removing it cause who knows how long it took for them to even get this sorta thing up as well as making a deal with the developers of Skyrim but he also gave all the people that paid for it refunds which he didn't have to do. And where would people go without steam? Origin? Don't make me laugh...

And why do you have an issue with me praising him? People Praise Shuhei Yoshida/Kaz for PS and Phin Spencer for xbox when they do an 180 on something yet I can't praise gabe when he does a 180 on something? Specially this fast? Your attempts PC downplaying is laughable considering your posts in the past

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Well, that didn't take long.

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:

Welp that didn't last long... All hail lord Gaben!

The lord giveth, and he taketh away.

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

All across Tameril there are celebrations rejoicing at the victory over the Empire!

Long Live the Stormcloakes! (Or which ever side you fight for.)

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Captain_Yuri said:

And why do you have an issue with me praising him? People Praise Shuhei Yoshida/Kaz for PS and Phin Spencer for xbox when they do an 180 on something yet I can't praise gabe when he does a 180 on something? Specially this fast? Your attempts PC downplaying is laughable considering your posts in the past

No one is downplaying PC but it seems truth is bitter; as always.

Well, they can still include a tipping system. That might be the best idea.

daredevil.shark said:
Captain_Yuri said:

No one is downplaying PC but it seems truth is bitter; as always.

There isn't really much of a so called "truth" here... Everyone knows that the leaders of these companies only think about the money first so what was the point of you quoting me apart from trying to take jabs at PC gaming which is proven by your history of posts unless you really wanted to state the obvious?