By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Call of Duty: Black Ops III May Not be Next Gen Only After All

Metroid33slayer said:

Call of Duty: Black Ops III May Not be Next Gen Only After All

It is 2015 and people are still refering to xboxone and ps4 as next gen. This has got to stop!

Its easier to explain it that way than say 8th gen since not everybody knows the generations by numerical order

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
Metroid33slayer said:

Call of Duty: Black Ops III May Not be Next Gen Only After All

It is 2015 and people are still refering to xboxone and ps4 as next gen. This has got to stop!

Its easier to explain it that way than say 8th gen since not everybody knows the generations by numerical order

How about current gen?

When Treyarch said "we are hard at work on the PS4, Xbone and PC versions" I took that to mean someone else is working on last gen.

Make sense I guess.

They want to sell the image of it being something built from the ground up for next gen and in the past they've revealed versions closer to release. The gameplay reveal wasn't all that impressive.

Frankly, I'm surprised they're not going the AC route and putting out two different games for last and current gen lol

But ya after seeing the reveal trailer for Blops 3 my first thought was you could easily put this out on last gen as well. Maybe they'll stagger the launch of that version a bit, but it's likely coming.

Around the Network

Who cares for last gen?

I've been referring to the 9th gen as "current gen" all along. "Next gen" is a more common phrase, apparently, because it's easier and quicker to understand. I'll start using it from now on seeing how it can agitate some people.

Back to the topic at hand. Releasing games on both last gen consoles along with the next gen consoles can be seen as a better investment. Platform holders should encourage the development of games for next gen consoles. However, It's not the developers nor the publishers job to release games exclusively for next gen. It's rather unfortunate BO3 won't take advantage of next gen hardware, but the series was never demanding, even with it's forgettable set pieces.

.- -... -.-. -..

They should make it next-gen only. It's time for the 360 and PS3 to die.