By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Has Wii U surpassed that E3 2011 Zelda teaser yet?

Has it been topped yet, visually?

Yes 173 45.05%

No 211 54.95%

Total:384

Yep, with Mario Kart 8. Zelda U also looks richer.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network
irstupid said:

May i ask what fans you are reffereing to.  The ones that enjoy the games or the ones that bitch and complain about every Zelda game and how its needs to be a realistic mature game like OoT and Twilight princess.

I swear for eveyr 1 post saying they like a Zelda trailer I see 100 posts from people bitching about its art style.

Zelda is my favorite series. I love the games. But I have to stay away from discussions about them because its fandom complains about everything, not just the things you mention.

Ooooooook things are getting a bit too toxic in here for my liking.  I've said my thoughts so I think it's time to...

Personally, I say yes.
Bayonetta 2, Hyrule Warriors, Xenoblade X, Mario Kart 8, and Zelda Wii U so far have topped what the tech demo did.

As for which style would've been better for Zelda Wii U... I don't give a damn I just want to play the game.

*Come flying bird! Take me away* XD

Around the Network

Somebody asked about the garden demo also shown at E3 2011. Couldn't find any direct feed native res pics, but here's the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Shch7LNkVXw

the_dengle said:
irstupid said:

May i ask what fans you are reffereing to.  The ones that enjoy the games or the ones that bitch and complain about every Zelda game and how its needs to be a realistic mature game like OoT and Twilight princess.

I swear for eveyr 1 post saying they like a Zelda trailer I see 100 posts from people bitching about its art style.

Zelda is my favorite series. I love the games. But I have to stay away from discussions about them because its fandom complains about everything, not just the things you mention.

You think Zelda fans are bad, try hanging out with the Sonic guys. ;)

curl-6 said:

Zelda games have always been of very high quality. Zelda fans complain about which hand Link holds his sword, or how the art style doesn't look realistic enough or make the game look childish. Which make them uncomfortable playing the game when there are adults around. Coming from people who chose to get a Nintendo console in the first place, that last one is rather hilarious.

Sonic games are consistently of questionable quality at best.

Sonic fans have legitimate reasons to be complaining. Zelda fans, not so much.

Hynad said:
curl-6 said:

Zelda games have always been of very high wuality. Zelda fans complain about which hand Link holds his sword, or how the art style doesn't look realistic enough. 

Sonic games are consistently of questionable quality at best.

Sonic fans have good reason to be complaining. Zelda fans, not so much.

Fair point, but justifiability aside, I still found the Sonic boards more soul-crushing. XD

When I winge about the art style in Zelda it's usually more bemusement at their insistence on non-mainstream styles. I actually really like the new style we saw last year on a personal level.

The right/left handed thing though, I never got that. Mountain out of a molehill if I ever saw one.

Bayonetta 2, Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8 just to mention a few.

Its a cut-scene right? I'm sure Bayonetta 2 must have something as good or better than that.

As others have said, mk8 is probably the best showcase of it because of the similar art style.