By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Konami situation.

Tagged games:

Hiku said:

Where did my sides go?! XD

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network
JGarret said:
Barozi said:
Konami suffered the same as many other Japanese publishers since the start of the 7th gen, but they managed to become completely irrelevant as of recently.

Konami and Capcom have a very valuable collection of IPs that just rot.

At least Square is making a comeback on consoles.

Capcom is at least trying. Konami seems to be shedding its video game business. It's what they're known for in the United States, but I guess it doesn't add to their bottom line compared to their other businesses.

Kind of a shame about Konami. They were doing some pretty decent work in recent years and seemed more interested in their legacy franchises of late. I wasn't the biggest Metal Gear fan, but I hate the idea of seeing Kojima join the ranks of so many other developers leaving long-established relationships, especially given that the track record on such departures has been that most of these developers have fizzled out as indie developers.

At least Square is coming back, and Namco is arguably stronger than it has ever been in home gaming. So there are two bright spots from Japan.

Just another Japanese company that couldn't get with the times.

Well, a new numbered Suikoden is the only game that would make me buy a Playstation console again, so my wallet is actually happy that Konami became irrelevant.

I hope EA buys them.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:
I hope EA buys them.

I'm sure we're all stoked for Metal Gear Solid VI: The Micro-Transaction

My friend is an idiot. He kept playing Tetris because I told him there was an endboss.

vivster said:
I hope EA buys them.

Nintendo is a better candidate. Konami would finally release games on their consoles again when they become first party.

.- -... -.-. -..

It's hilarious how everyone thinks they know konami's IPs and how important kojima is better than konami themselves. Kojima could be just a marketing stunt for all we know or maybe some kind of japanese Charlie Sheen.

God... gaming without MGS is gonna be rough in the future :/

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

vivster said:
I hope EA buys them.

Hell no. That would mean PES would die, and EA managed to take any horror from dead Space 3 so i don't trust them with silent hills either.

MGS could go to them, to secure it not becoming a exclusive, but i would like someone else better.