By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Xbox 360 Was Probably the Best Engineered Video Game Console Ever

What is the best Engineered Video Game Console Ever?

Xbox 360 127 13.86%

PS4 405 44.21%

SNES 123 13.43%

Dreamcast 62 6.77%

Atari 2600 12 1.31%

None of the above 187 20.41%

Total:916

Best? With rrod, very noisy dvd drive scratching disks, huge power brick (didn't it set a house on fire?), no HDMI first models, no HDD standard which the xbox had, no wifi included, hardware gamma shift in the video output, limited to 640kbps dolby digital surround sound output. I loved the games, but hated the design of the thing.

Gamecube is best imo. PS4 second, might be first if it doesn't break on me.

PS2, XBox, Xbox360, PS3, Wii, all died on me at least once.
WiiU is slow and the range of the gamepad is ridiculously small, as well as its weak wifi signal.
My ps1 worked fine, but I know lots of people that had to use it sideways or up side down.
N64 had the problem with the overheating memory module.
Dreamcast had a signal output problem, didn't work with my projector.

Around the Network

If a friend and I both the Xbox 360 back in 2005. Within a month or two one of us would have a bricked console. I highly doubt that makes it the best engineered console ever. It doesn't have anything to do with rushing the console, it was just poorly designed, the same would have happened a year later except then it would meant that Microsoft would have sold at most half of what it sold today.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

The PS4 's unified memory allows HSAL.... which will make the PS4 much more powerfull than it currently is... once game developers start useing GPGPU funktions inside games.

Its a well designed system, and I like that they designed it around what the developers wanted.

Oh My PS1 STILL WORKS FINE ,THOUGH AFTER GETTING THE ps2 i never used it , so i supposse it got some rest ,much like the PS2 since i got my Fat PS3.

BRKITG

I once had to use the towel trick on my Xbox 360.

......the towel trick.

When you're forced to do this you know you've played the worst engineered console of all time. It forces you to resort to ghetto tactics just to play for an hour or two.

Here is a video of the towel trick. Look it up on youtube. The videos are in the hundreds of thousands of views to millions. Its insane how bad it was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31tvXu34T8Q

Around the Network

the snes has a major construction problem too. the plastic gets realy weak after some year if you dont stop the ageing of the plastic

generic-user-1 said:
the snes has a major construction problem too. the plastic gets realy weak after some year if you dont stop the ageing of the plastic

Lies.  My SNES still works.  The plastic changes color but that's it.

d21lewis said:
generic-user-1 said:

Lies.  My SNES still works.  The plastic changes color but that's it.

the plastic gets weaker with the colour change. sure it still works even after some parts break(the problem is just the body, and it doesnt realy matter for the function if it breaks or not

I had one myself for 6 years. I also have a ps3, bought almost at the same time. I always bought non exclusives on the xbox. The reason was simple. I liked the joypad much more. It was great to play with it. But i sold the xbox a few weeks ago (hmm i got even 100 eur for it). Anyway, i kept the ps3 simply cause its my dvd/bluray player now 😊. Oh, and every few months i refresh my demons souls playthrough time...n

S.T.A.G.E. said:

I once had to use the towel trick on my Xbox 360.

......the towel trick.

When you're forced to do this you know you've played the worst engineered console of all time. It forces you to resort to ghetto tactics just to play for an hour or two.

Here is a video of the towel trick. Look it up on youtube. The videos are in the hundreds of thousands of views to millions. Its insane how bad it was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31tvXu34T8Q

Well starting with the NES i had to blow into the cartridge till i was blue in the face. My parents kept alcohol afloat in the 80s from trying to clean and get the games to work.

PS1 and 2 each had problems where ppl I know were turning the fuckers upside down and sideways to get the disc to read. Lots of people rebought the PS2 because of. Lawsuit against also.

No if he's talking about the 360 and including RROD. I didn't do any towel trick just sent two consoles back and my 3rd was back within 4 days and been working ever since.