By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Has VGChartz become the home for Nintendo fans?

Slarvax said:

You kinda make a good point. I guess discussing Nintendo platforms sale numbers are more interesting since those have varied since the birth of the site (One of the best to one of the worst), while others have a bit of a trend (PS always sells great; Xbox sells decently and is PS' shadow).

But what do I know

EDIT: Oops, forgot handhelds... Nintendo's handheld always sell good and appeal to western fans, PS handhelds mostly appeal to Japanese fans... But that's a bit irrelevant since this is an international site...

Again, what DO I know!?

Thanks. You seem to know a bit!

Around the Network
gergroy said:
gamemaster4747 said:

Maybe that's why I got banned for over a week for saying Nintendo games are mostly for kids. Won't be writing that anymore!

Well... You apparently did write it again...

Yes guy with an avatar from Shining Force! Yogurt? OK that is my last time writing it. 

Skullwaker said:
I don't understand this. The 3DS is selling amazingly, and the Wii U is selling like shit, and Nintendo is called a failure. The PS4 is selling amazingly, and the Vita is selling like shit, and Sony is called a success. Don't they cancel each other out?

Anyways, it doesn't take 50m people to start a discussion. There are 9m Wii U owners around the world (as well as 52m 3DS owners) and a tiny, tiny fraction of those numbers is bound to end up on a forum. This isn't rocket science. There are plenty of other forums that have greater numbers in Sony or MS than Nintendo, this one just isn't.

Well, you make a good point about the cancelling each other out. I guess I make consoles more of a priority in my mind.

gamemaster4747 said:

Seriously, the forums have been very Nintendo driven lately.

Maybe it has been, what with all of the hype about the NX.  But why care?  Maybe the Nintendo fans have no new games to play whereas PS4 and XB1 owners are too busy playing games on their console that they could care less about posting here.

Im gonna go with Yes. The amount of shit I took for saying that people should keep their expectations in check with Xenoblade X was ridiculous lol

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Around the Network
gamemaster4747 said:
Well, you make a good point about the cancelling each other out. I guess I make consoles more of a priority in my mind.

You're not the only one on this site to do that. I'm sure it's a similar situation in Japan also, considering handhelds are so much more prominent there, they definitely prioritize them over consoles. 

It's really just a culture thing (also an individual thing).

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

alternine said:
Im gonna go with Yes. The amount of shit I took for saying that people should keep their expectations in check with Xenoblade X was ridiculous lol

So you don't think I would've gotten shit if I said the same about Bloodborne (before it released, mind you) in a thread about Bloodborne?

Captain_Yuri said:
gamemaster4747 said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Well a lot of the xbox fans seem to just be in the xbox nation and there are plenty of Sony threads when Sony gets some news too... The difference atm is that Nintendo is getting great news as well as some eh news at the sametime so we see more Nintendo threads atm while PS has been a bit quite at of late. The late sales don't help either

Oh and sales =/= forum popularity

Great news? You mean NX? Xenoblade Chronicles X seems interesting, but what else? No Zelda for a long time.

You had SSB dlc not too long ago, u have mk8 dlc tomorrow, u have new X footage which can also be turned into bad news cause its not up to certain people's expectations as well as its first review score having debate

Hmm... X looked fantastic. Has something changed? That is the best looking Wii U game I've seen. Also the most interesting to me.

Skullwaker said:
alternine said:

So you don't think I would've gotten shit if I said the same about Bloodborne (before it released, mind you) in a thread about Bloodborne?

No I legitimately don't think you would have. Or at least not at the magnitude of what I got.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

alternine said:
No I legitimately don't think you would have. Or at least not at the magnitude of what I got.

It might also have to do with you being on every XCX thread saying something similar.

But that's neither here nor there, and I'm not going to derail this thread to talk about that.